Amy Poehler (born September 16, 2971) is a fabulously talented actress, comedian, producer and writer.
She was a very popular member of the Saturday Night Live crew from 2001 until January 2009 when she left SNL and took on the starring role of Leslie Knope on NBC's quirky Parks and Recreation.
In her role as Leslie her blonde hair, which has ranged in hue from white blonde to a golden buttery blonde has rocked a range of hairstyles from a short bob to her current 2012 long layered look which is a loose homage to the late Farrah Fawcett's winged Charlie's Angels style.
Her current longer winged hairstyle is very flattering to her face shape as well as her skin tone. The color is beautiful as well.
As Amy's character has evolved on Parks and Recreation her hair has become longer, softer and more feminine. Her current winger hairstyle suits her Leslie Knope character very well.
Amy Poehler's Hairstyle
Amy Poehler's winged hairstyle is perfect for everyday or for glam nights out on the town.
It’s a relatively easy hairstyle to create once the proper long layers have been scissored into the hair. Once you get the hang of this hairstyle you may adopt it as your own trademark look.
Amy's winged hairstyle works best for hair which is naturally straight, slightly wavy or can be temporarily straightened before styling.
Amy Poehler's Winged Hairstyle How To – Step By Step
Follow the steps below to copy Amy Poehler’s winged hairstyle from a recent Parks And Recreation episode on NBC:
1. Start by cleansing detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add moisture and to treat colored and/or highlighted hair like Amy's with tender loving care.
You may prefer to utilize an alternative cleansing method such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash, (COW), Water Only (WO) or Low Poo.
2. After cleansing, rinse hair well. Apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the product on the areas of the hair which are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner which is allowed to soak down into the hair’s shaft.
Detangle hair in sections working from the ends up to the roots. When finished, rinse well.
3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. Many stars are huge fans of Phytodefrisant.
5. For fullness, lift and volume throughout the crown, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends.
6. Separate strands into 1″ to 2 1/2″ sections and blow dry with a round boar’s bristle brush. Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots.
Use the brush to coil the ends around the edges to form soft wings. Direct hair slightly in towards the neck as you dry.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar’s bristle brush instead.
7. When hair is completely dry, separate hair into individual 1 1/2″ sections.
Use large hot rollers to set the entire head in loose curls set in an alternating directional pattern. Allow hair to completely cool before removing curlers.
8. Using a boar bristle brush and fingers, gently brush through newly formed curls to deconstruct slightly and style into loose winged layers.
9. Apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add a great shimmer. If you prefer, finish with a spritz of medium to firm holding hairspray.
Summary – Amy Poehler Winged Hairstyle
Amy Poehler is hilarious as Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation. Her hairstyles often reflect the character's work and life challenges. Recently Leslie fell in love and got engaged. As a result, her hair has become longer, softer and more sensuous.Recently Amy character Leslie rocked a beautiful soft layered look complete with a hint of Farrah Fawcett wings which is a classically beautiful hairstyle which works for many hair types, textures and face shapes. It's relatively easy to create when proper layers are created into hair which is shoulder length or longer.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.