Zoe Saldana Volume Updo Hairstyle How To
Actress Zoë Saldaña (born June 19, 1978) had her breakthrough role in the 2000 film Center Stage and later gained prominence for her roles as Anamaria in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and Uhura in the 2009 film Star Trek.
She was spectacular in her demanding starring role as Neytiri in James Cameron's Avatar. The beautiful actress raised in The Dominican Republic and New York also had a lead role in the action film Colombiana.
In 2002 she co-starred in the film Crossroads with none other than Britney Spears. In that film Zoe was asked to do the unthinkable. She had to act like she was prettier and cooler than Britney Spears. As Kit, Saldana played a high-school prima donna (who eventually gains humility) on a coming-of-age road trip.
The film was Brit's Hollywood debut and the role required Zoe to be mean to just about everyone on set. The beautiful actress confessed to Allure Magazine in February of 2002 that she "fun playing bad", but left her attitude in front of the camera.
Once the camera stopped rolling Zoe told Allure "I would always say 'I'm so sorry' to everyone I'd be mean to" and luckily there were no hard feelings.
The film was directed by Tamra Davis, produced by David Gale, written by Shonda Rhines (Grey's Anatomy) and starred Britney Spears. Co-stars included Dan Aykroyd, Kim Cattrall, Anson Mount, Taryn Manning, Justin Long, Beverly Johnson and Jamie Lynn Spears.
Zoe told Allure that filming Crosswords was like being in the girl's locker room. She confessed "we would talk about so many female things in the makeup trailer that Anson Mount (the only main male co-star) would walk out (of the trailer) pale and trembling." Saldana said "It was a very vagina-oriented environment."
“Avatar” actress Zoe Saldana and long-time fiance Keith Britton have split after being together for 11 years. The two have “amicably separated after 11 years,” Saldana’s rep said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Saturday.
Hairstyle How To
Whether wearing her hair long and sleek or styled up into a range of twists, chignons or buns, Zoe's tresses always looks fantastic. Celeb hairstylist Mara Roszak is Zoe's go-to hair guru.
At a recent appearance on December 4th, 2011 at The Hollywood Palladium Zoe wore her hair in a romantically messy hairstyle. Zoe's hair was styled into a mid-back twisted chignon nestled under a nice crown hair bump, a center part and two strands of hair flowing freely on either side of her face.
Even though Zoe's hairstyle was tousled and messy, it was still full of texture which gave her a fun, edgy look.
Follow the steps below to create Zoe's Hairstyle:
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water utilizing a product or formula designed for your hair type, texture and condition. You may prefer to utilize a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash (CoWash) Low Poo or similar alternative cleansing system.2. Rinse shampoo from hair and then apply a rinse out conditioner from the ears down to the ends. Separate hair into 2" horizontal sections and detangle from the ends up to the roots with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb. 3. After hair is completely detangled rinse and finish with a cool or cold water final rinse.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.5. Apply a leave-in styling cocktail with may include, but not be limited to leave-in conditioner, styling mousse and a defrisant. Work leave-in styling cocktail completely through hair from roots to ends.
6. Apply a root lifting spray to the roots, massage into the hair and comb through.7. Take small sections of hair in a 100% boar bristle back combing brush. Overdirect to give lift at the root. Blow dry each section over a small, round, boar bristle brush.
8. One hair is completely dry run through the strands with a flat iron to polish strands.9. Separate hair into two sections - front and back. Separate the two sections at the back of the ears.
10. Create a center part in the front section and separate out the two sides. Curl lightly with an iron and allow to nestled into the sides of the face.
11. Lift hair at the crown and back comb to create the desired height for a hair bump. Smooth hair down lightly with fingers.12. Take the remaining hair and pull into a ponytail with the base positioned at the middle of the back of the head. Twist pony in a clockwise direction until entire pony is twisted until it forms a knot. Gently push the knotted pony up and against the hair bump. Pin to maximize the hair bump and secure the twist at the back. Use bobby pins the same color as your hair.
13. Finish with a firm hold hairspray.14. Insert fingers into the hair along the side and throughout the back and gently lift to create more of a tousled finish. Arrange the sides so that they float against the face.
Optionally you may wish to use a thin headband positioned at the crown to help increase the hair bump and push it up. Or you may wish to use hidden bobby pins.
Zoe loves to wear her hair in similar twisted hairstyles. Sometimes she positions the hair mid-back and sometimes at the nape of the neck. She also changes up her hairstyle with different parts and alters the volume at the crown and along the sides.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.