LeAnn Rimes has been a singing sensation since the age of 15. Recently her singing career has been overshadowed by her private life, her controversial relationship with Eddie Cibrian (The Playboy Club) and public battles on Twitter with Eddie's ex-wife, Brandi Glanville (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills).
Regardless of the current controversy about her new marriage to Cibrian or her career directions, her hair always looks great. LeAnn changes up her hairstyles on a regular basis although she consistently stays in the blonde zone with a beautiful golden base with precision placed highlights and low lights.
Note: Visit the LeAnn Rimes Gallery of Hairstyles
Recently she was caught on camera with her hair wrapped into a messy crown based bun which is a hot hairstyle for Fall of 2011.
Step By Step Instructions For Messy Updo How To
Follow the steps listed below to recreate LeAnn's messy updo hairstyle:
1. Cleansedetangled hair in lukewarm water with a color safe shampoo or similar formula to preserve bleached or colored strands. Optionally you may wish to select a shampoo that works with your current texture, type and condition of hair. For dry or damaged hair consider utilizing a Diluted Shampoo (DS) formula, Low Poo (LoPoo), Water Only (WO) or a Conditioner Only Wash (CO Wash).
2. Rinse shampoo completely from hair. Apply rinse out conditioner designed to work with your hair's normal texture, type and condition. Consider trying a color co-ordinated mask to intensify your existing color. Avoid heavy conditioners for hair which is fine or thin. Detangle with fingers or wide tooth comb working on horizontal sections of hair from the ends to the roots.3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
4. Towel blot (never rub or rough dry) to remove excess water.5. Coat damp strands with a customized styling product cocktail containing styling aides such as a defrisant, volume building mousse, gel or other styling products which work best with your hair texture and type.
6. Separate hair into individual horizontal sections. Blow dry each section individually using a boar's bristle paddle style brush to achieve sleek strands. Direct the air flow down from the roots towards the end to build in shine and smooth strands.7. Finish blow drying with blast of cold air, if possible, which sets the style.
8. When hair is 100% dry, separate hair into individual 2" sections. Flat iron entire head of hair to achieve a straight and sleek finish.9. Use fingers or a boar's head brush to direct hair up and off face into a ponytail with the base resting at the crown. Hold the pony in place with one hand. Lift the tail of the pony and twist it once around the base (being held with fingers). Lift tail up in air and then twist clockwise until entire tail is completely twisted. Wrap twisted tail around pony base. Use fingers to arrange into desired shape. Pin with bobby pins the same hue as the hair.
10. Spray with a firm hold hairspray. For added shine apply a small drop of shine serum and lightly brush over the top of the finished style.
The beauty of this hairstyle is that there is no right or wrong design. Play with the positioning of the base of the updo and how tight or loose you make the finished bun. To dress up the bun pin a gorgeous jeweled pin to one side.
For a more glam look the same updo can be dressed up by sliding the base towards the middle of the head and wrapping without twisting. LeAnn showcases a more finished bun with husband Eddie at the 2011 Grammy Awards.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.