Sofía Margarita Vergara (July 10, 1972) is renowned for her long lush natural textured hairstyle, her stunning curves and her breathtaking beauty. The actress, TV host, model and entrepreneur has become beloved over the past two years as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on ABC's Modern Family.
Her spectacular acting has won her nominations for a Golden Globe, two primetime Emmy Awards and three Screen Actors Guild Awards. The Colombian born actress (Barranquilla, Colombia) is also the darling of the Red Carpet often winning best dressed for her appearance at various award shows.
Vergara, whose nickname is "Toti" had been widely known for co-hosting two TV shows for Univisión in the late 1990s. This ultimately led to her acting career in North America. Her first English acting job was in Chasing Papi in 2003. Since that first role, she's appeared in two Tyler Perry films, winning an ALMA Award nomination in the process.
In July 2011, she finished filming for the Farrelly Brothers’ The Three Stooges, her first lead role in a film. Vergara said, "I play a mean woman that tries to manipulate the Three Stooges into killing her husband so that she gets all the money."
According to an article in the January 2002 issue of Maxim, Vergara was "apprehensive about doing her first television commercial—until her Catholic schoolteachers gave her their personal permission to take the assignment." Vergara made her first appearance as a performer at the age of 17 in a Pepsi commercial that was widely broadcast in Latin America.
In April 2011, Vergara debuted in a Diet Pepsi commercial with David Beckham. Diet Pepsi's marketing director has said that Pepsi has formalized its relationship with Vergara, but it is not known when or where follow-up commercials will air.
Although most people think of Sofia Vergara as a beautiful brunette, her natural hair color is blonde. The 5' 7" beauty is often asked to go brunette to look more like the typical Latina.
Natural Hair Style How To
Sofia's trademark hairstyle is long, lush and full of volume and body. Usually her long medium to thick tresses extend from a center part with the sides hugging her face underneath her eyes.
1. Start by cleansing detangled hair in lukewarm water with a formula designed to enhance volume and body. Depending on the type, texture and condition of your hair you may wish to use a volumizing shampoo. If your hair is naturally dry you may wish to opt for a Diluted Shampoo (DS) rather than a full strength formula.2. Rinse shampoo from hair and then apply a volume or body enhancing conditioner to your tresses from the bottom of the earlobes down to the ends. Use a wide tooth comb or fingers to detangle individual horizontal sections of hair.
3. Rinse conditioner from hair and finish with a cool or cold water rinse to amp up natural volume and shine.4. Towel blot strands. Apply a volumizing product to the roots. Then apply a body building styling cocktail to damp hair. This cocktail should include, but not be limited to a rinse-out conditioner, defrisant and volume enhancing mousse.
5. Distribute styling cocktail completely through the strands in horizontal sections from the roots to the ends.6. Once volumizing mousse has been worked into hair, separate into 2" horizontal sections and blow dry using hands to lift the sections at the roots. Hold hair straight up and apply heat from a blow dryer with a heat concentrator. Repeat on all sections of the hair focusing heat and lift at roots.
7. When hair is completely dry mist roots with a root lift product.8. Separate it into 2" horizontal sections and curl with a hot iron that has a 1 1/2" barrel. Wrap hair holding iron for several seconds (depending on hair's length and thickness) until the curl sets. For a tighter set roll the hair around fingers and pin against the scalp to help set and cool.
9. When hair is completely cool and set undo each sections. For big volume gently back comb at the roots with a 100% boar bristle brush. Smooth hair back down and then spray with a volume hold hairspray with shine enhancing properties.
To get even more lift create a side part and direct a large section of hair across one side of the head.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but just remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.