As a full time high school teacher and part time swimming coach (in Season 2) Cathy is working in order to keep her health insurance for her cancer treatments due to the recent layoff of her husband Paul.
Cathy wears her below-the-shoulder blond hued hair in relatively simple hairstyles much like you would expect any teacher. Depending on the season of the year Laura's base color transitions between a lighter and darker golden wheat.
Laura's acting is mesmerizing. As a result of her amazing portrayal Laura is said to be the heavy favorite in winning the Emmy for leading actress in a comedy.
A Tight Emmy Race For Best Actress In A Comedy
Although the experts are picking Laura to win for her role in The Big C (Laura won the Golden Globe for her work as Cathy) she is competing against an amazing group of actresses including Tina Fey for 30 Rock, Edie Falco for Nurse Jackie, Melissa McCarthy of Mike and Molly, Matha Plimpton of Raising Hope and Amy Poehler of Parks and Recreation.
Anything can happen and some experts are suggesting that Tina Fey who dominated the category in the past is due for another win. Others believe that Amy Poehler or Melissa McCarthy could sneak in and grab the Best Actress Emmy.
My biggest problem with this category is that I love all of the actresses who are nominated. Seriously, there's not a bad apple in the barrel although I would love to see either Laura or Melissa McCarthy win since Tina and Edie have both won in the past.
Laura Linney's Hair How To
Laura's hair for her role as Cathy is not all that different from how she wears her long blonde tresses off screen. If anything, her hair on The Big C is even more casual then her everyday or Red Carpet hairstyles.
Laura tends to wear her hair either in a slightly off-center part or a side part. She also wears her hair either with a hint of soft waves throughout the perimeter or bone straight.
Follow the steps below to copy Laura's long blonde hair with a slight wave:
1) Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to address the needs of your hair type, texture and current condition. If your hair is naturally dry or damaged from ongoing hair coloring then you may wish to opt for a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash (Co Wash) or similar cleansing methodology.2. Rinse cleansing formula from the hair and then apply a rinse-out conditioner from the tops of the ears to the ends. If your hair tends to be fine or thin use a rinse out product which is very light.
3. Detangle strands with fingers or a wide-tooth comb working in horizontal sections from the ends up to the roots.4. Rinse out conditioner and finish with a cool or cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot to remove excess water.6. Apply styling cocktail which may include, but not be limited to, detangling spray or defrisant based leave-in conditioner or styling mousse. If hair is not naturally straight you may want to add in a dab of straightening gel or cream.
7. Separate hair into 2" horizontal sections and blow dry straight with a 100% boar bristle paddle brush. Work from one side of the head to the other. Hold the end of each section of hair taut as you direct the air flow from the blow dryer nozzle down the shaft from the roots to the ends to encourage sleekness and shine.8. After hair is 100% dry separate into 1 1/2 to 2" sections. Apply a thermal protectant to each section before flat ironing with a 1 1/2 to 2" flat iron. Run the iron through each sections a few times to achieve a bone straight finish.
9. Once hair is completely cool apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of the hands and work through the strands from top of the ear to the ends. Do not apply to the roots.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.