Always a hair trendsetter, beautiful blonde Kendra Wilkenson rocked a beautiful blown out bun at the recent 2011 ESPY Awards that she attended with her hot husband Hank Baskett.
Kendra looks great with her hair wrapped up as demonstrated on last season's Dancing With The Stars (DWTS).
Kendra's updo hairstyle combines a sleek off-the-hairline top with a backcombed bun which is most likely sculpted around a hidden foam hair donut or ratt.
Celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves has confirmed in the past that Kendra's long healthy blonde hair is 100% all hers without extensions. Which means Kendra's long hair is perfect for crafting into a blown out bun.
Sassy Summer Bun Hairstyle How To - Step By Step
This hairstyle works best on below the shoulder length strands which are naturally straight or can be temporarily straightened. It's also best if hair is medium or thick. If you prefer, you can add clip-in or fusion extensions.
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a product designed for your hair type, texture, length and current condition. If you hair is chemically treated, color, highlighted or lowlighted, you may wish to deploy a moisture enhancing cleansing formula such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Low Poo, Conditioner Only (CO), No Poo, Water Only (WO) or a combination.2. After cleansing rinse hair well. Apply a rinse-out conditioner from the ears from the ends of the hair. Once rinse-out conditioner is applied detangle hair in the shower using fingers or wide tooth comb.
3. Rinse out leave-in conditioner and then finish with a cool or cold water rinse.4. Towel blot with a hair friendly towel.
5. Apply leave-in styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, detangler and/or defrisant product. You may even want to add in a straightening cream or gel.6. Separate hair into 8-10 horizontal sections. Blow dry hair with a round boar bristle brush to encourage volume and bend.
7. After hair is dry, use your fingers or a paddle brush and direct hair up and off the hairline. Direct strands towards the back of the head and capture into a tight ponytail that is positioned just below the back of the crown. Use a hair friendly elastic the same color as your current hair hue.8. Slide a foam hair donut (or ratt) the same color as your hair onto your ponytail. Position it so that it's nestled up against the pony elastic.
9. Separate hair into 2" sections and back comb with a boar bristle paddle or round brush to achieve a soft fluffy texture.10. After all of the pony hair is back combed to your desired height and texture lightly smooth it down and form into a round bun formed around the inside foam hair donut.
13. If you wish you can apply 1-2 shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage them together. Lightly brush your serum infused hands over the top of your finished curls.14. For extra glam add a shimmering headband or hair clip.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.