So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) judge Cat Deeley is famous for her below-the-shoulders long golden blonde hair which she's told the media is "naturally wavy thick hair."
Does Cat help Mother Nature with clip in or fusion hair extensions? Only her stylist knows for sure, but Cat has said she loves when her hair feels "fresh and glossy."
Cat And The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge
Cat was in the news this weekend for her attendance at a dinner for the royal newlyweds, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Kate and William) hosted by Bafta in honor of young British talent in Los Angeles.
Cat was full of pride about the British Royals. She told the media "Kate has brought a whole level of attainability. It's very aspirational but she will wear clothes from the high street, shake people's hands, be easy with her smiles, flip pancakes and chat to people. She can do it beautifully and with decorum."
Cat's Wavy Hair How To
Cat wears her naturally wavy hair off a variety of parts so that is softly cascades several inches down from the tops of her shoulders. Historically she tends to wear her below-the-shoulder-length tresses without any type of fringe.
Her beautiful waves have a rich medium gold base which is highlighted and low lighted to add depth, dimension and movement.
How To Hairstyles: Step by Step
Cat's naturally wavy hairstyle works best for hair which is shoulder length or longer and is either naturally wavy or has loose curls.
This hair style can also be adjusted for straight strands or hair which is more tightly textured. Ultimately you should experiment to find the best look for your hair.
Follow the steps below:
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with products designed for your hair type, texture, length and condition. Use your own custom cleansing system from shampoo, low poo, diluted shampoo (DS), conditioner only (CO), no poo or water only (WO).
If you have colored hair with highlights and/or low lights like Cat be sure to use a hair color friendly system and products.2. Apply rinse-out conditioner in the shower and detangle from the ends up to the roots using a wide tooth comb or your fingers.
3. Rinse well and finish with a cool or cold water rinse to amp up shine and shimmer.4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
5. Apply desired styling cocktail ranging from leave-in conditioner, defrisant, mousse, straightening balm or similar.6. Separate hair into 8 horizontal sections working on one at a time.
7. Blow dry around a round brush to achieve soft full lift over the eyebrows. Optionally you may prefer to use a long finger diffuser attachment on your blow dryer to encourage the formation of natural waves. Allow hair to nestle into the base of the diffuser.8. Once each section is dry twist the hair around your fingers to form an invisible ringlet curler. Pin to the back of the scalp and allow the section to continue to set and dry while you work on the rest of the hair.
11. Release iron and let each newly formed ringlet dangle while it cools.12. Once all of the hair has desired texture, use fingers to gently tousle to your desired texture. Do not use a brush unless you wish to soften or deconstruct the waves.
13. Finish with firm holding hairspray or similar.14. Apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage well. Glide your hands over the top of your finished hairstyle.
This hairstyle can be modified to work without a fringe or by adding clip-in or fusion hair before creating the finished style to add more volume, weight and texture.
If you love this style, but don't have hair which is long enough, check out the beautiful clip-on and similar wig hairstyles from the amazing people at WigSuperstore.com.
How does the beautiful blonde stay in shape? She said "I do yoga three times a week and also love hiking in the hills and riding my horse. I have plenty of flaws, but I never reveal them and that way no one ever notices! Everything in moderation is the key."
The hard working star has also shared "My favorite indulgence is a great dinner with friends, lots of wine and laughter, and carrying on until early morning!"
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.