Top 5 Wedding Trends of 2010
Chelsea Clinton's highly anticipated wedding is quickly approaching and event planners predict that the lavish ceremony will inspire new trends for 2011 wedding season. While the monumental event is just days away, Celebrity Event Planner and Caterer Andrea Correale takes a moment to reflect upon the hottest wedding trends in the current wedding season.
(Image courtesy of Haap Media, Inc., - All Rights Reserved)
"The current wedding season has placed an extra emphasis on the intimacy of the ceremony and reception, which has greatly affected seating trends and serving options," said Andrea.
Below, Andrea Correale highlights the Top 5 Wedding Trends from the 2010 Wedding season.
1) Non-traditional seating arrangements: Brides are moving away from the traditional seated dinner and creating a more casual, intimate atmosphere that is conducive to mingling and socializing. "We are seeing a shift from sit-down dinners to cocktail style/grazing receptions," said Andrea. "The emphasis is on the party and dancing while the food is continuously served so that no guest leaves hungry." There is a trend towards tasting courses or mini-meals, which are served throughout the evening on small cocktail plates. Food stations have been popular as well, which work well in conjunction with the cocktail style format.
2) Tuscan-Style Weddings: Italian-themed weddings are a huge hit this summer because the food is decadent and the atmosphere jubilant. Guests sit down at long Tuscan farm style tables, break bread and share antipasti in a family style format. "This style of wedding is particularly popular with smaller affairs," said Andrea. "There is a real feeling of unity, of two families joining in one." The first course is followed by a delicious pasta course and then by a classic Italian entrée. Many weddings feature different wine pairings with every course.
(Image of Andrea Correala of Elegant Affairs - All Rights Reserved)
3) Brunch receptions: Who says the reception has to be at night? This summer many brides are featuring earlier weddings with a reception brunch. "These mid-day receptions can be especially spectacular when outside and under a decorative white tent," said Andrea. "The upscale breakfast fair and specialty coffee and cocktail bars that have been featured enhance the decadence of these afternoon receptions."
4) Creating an "after party" for the age appropriate guests: Often by midnight, older friends and relatives are ready to call it a night but the friends of the bride and groom are still ready to rock on. "I have many brides who request a midnight buffet or a parade of passed sliders which gives them a moment to disappear and change into something more fun and sassy for the after party," says Andrea. In keeping with the change in attire, brides may also request that the band be replaced by a DJ so that they can let their hair down after the formality.
5) Donations in lieu of gifts: With the events of the past year, many brides are asking that donations be made in their honor instead of asking for gifts. Likewise, charitable donations made to a select organization by the bride and groom is often being given to guests instead of a favor. These two transactions are the ultimate act of intimacy, as everyone is united in a cause and celebration.
About Andrea Correale
Andrea Correale created Elegant Affairs, a full-service, off-premise catering and event design firm which is considered one of the best on Long Island, Manhattan and in the Hamptons. Since its inception more than 15 years ago, Elegant Affairs has served over 1400 events a year with razor sharp attention to detail.
Elegant Affairs has satisfied some of the world's most discriminating palates such as L.A. Reid, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon, Brooke Shields, Russell Simmons, the Trumps, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Spacey, the Stillers, Bebe Neuwirth, Kelly Ripa, and Kim Cattrall, to name a few. Elegant Affairs has been featured on VH1's The Fabulous Life of the Hamptons, The Real Housewives of New York City, and MTV's True Life. Besides being a celebrity caterer, Andrea has worked with budgets big and small to plan fetes ranging from million dollar weddings to an intimate dinner party for ten. For more information, please visit: http://www.elegantaffairscaterers.com/
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.