Celebrity makeup artist Christopher Drummond, who has worked with celebrities, such as Jennifer Lopez, Brooke Shields, Jane Fonda, Glenn Close and Eve Ensler, offers his advice for looking flawless this holiday season.
(Image of Christopher Drummond - Courtesy of Christopher Drummond - All Rights Reserved)
According to Christopher, "A big trend both in fashion and in makeup for the holidays is the "moonstruck" look.
Nothing says glamour like a gown and smokey eyes. And this season, the dresses are slender and simple with an occasional train and details to dazzle.
To compliment your fabulous dress, makeup is flirty and smoky."
Listed below are Christopher's tips for achieving the perfect smokey eye:
1. Start with a beige shadow base all over the entire lid
2. Take a gold shadow, and apply it 3/4 of the way up, not quite all the way up to the brow. Leave some space between where you stop and the brow.
3. Apply a blue/grey shadow from the crease (middle) of the eye to the base of the lashes. Be sure to blend it well, back and forth. This helps the product adhere, and stay on longer.
4. On the outer corner of the lid, blend in a purple eye shadow to give some extra "sizzle." Blend well.
5. Finally, use a black liner to line the base of the lashes. Follow with mascara.
To compliment the smokey eyes, Christopher suggests lush lips and radiant cheeks. The new Fall/Winter 2009 Color Collection from Twitter(christopherdrummondbeauty.com) has products for all the trends for holiday in one collection (plus it's all-natural, vegan and organic).
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.