Long luscious layers offer many advantages including provide depth and movement.
How To Style
1. Cleanse hair utilizing your favorite method ranging from shampoo, diluted shampoo (DS), conditioner only (CO), water only (WO) or a combination.
2. Rinse the cleansing product out of your hair and apply a rinse out conditioner from the top of your ears to your ends. Apply a product appropriate for your hair type, texture, hair color and condition.
3. Once the rinse-out conditioner is applied to your tresses use a hair friendly wide tooth comb or your fingers and completely detangle from the ends up towards the roots. Take your time and detangle slowly to avoid pulling or snagging delicate strands.
4. Rinse out leave-in conditioner and finish with a cool or cold water rinse to close the cuticles to encourage natural shine.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
6. Finish detangling with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb.
7. Apply desired styling cocktail which might consist of a leave-in conditioner, mousse or styling cream.
8. Spray with a Phyto Volume Actif or a similar product to pump up roots.
9. Blow-dry hair upside down using a blow dryer with a concentrator attachment. If you prefer to encourage natural texture you may opt to use a long finger diffuser. You also have the option to roll damp hair in large rollers and sit under a hood style dryer.
10. If you blow dry your tresses, once hair is approximately 80% dry add a drop or two of serum to the palms of your hands and mix together. Finger pick the elixer from the mid-shaft to the ends.
11. Blow dry hair with a medium 100% boar's bristle brush to give hair curve and volume.
12. When hair is 100% dry use a 1 1/2 to 2" wide flat iron and run the flat-iron through the ends without any bending. Move away from the face as you move from one side of the head to the other. If you prefer to enhance waves or texture, use a curling iron instead of a flat iron.
13 Apply a dab of styling cream, hair mud or similar to the very ends of the look to achieve a nice finish.
14. Complete the style with a spritz of a soft hold finish to insure hair has natural movement.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Publication Date: 02/22/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.