Lauren Alaina is a Southern Belle with big beautiful hair which she alternates between bone straight and with lots of texture.
Related: Check out Lauren's hairstyles in her Celebrity Hairstyle Gallery
Going From Naturally Wavy To Bone Straight
The American Idol first runner up has gone through a major image transformation since she first appeared on camera.
Although she still tends to favor big hair which was popularized by Priscilla Presley as she progressed through the Idol competitions gaining poise, her hair style, color and texture progress along with her.
Lauren Alaina's Hair Color - How To
Since she first appeared on American Idol at the beginning of her journey towards stardom Lauren's hair color has softened and become more sophisticated.
Lauren's stunning hair color is a combination of a very dark brunette base combined with contrasting white blonde highlights. Her dark chocolate brunette base which appears to have been slightly darkened is focused on the under layers of her hair.
The white blonde highlights are layered on top of the dark chocolate base. The top contrasting layers are interwoven with an array of medium blonde and light brunette highlights and lowlights which create a beautiful bridge between the two drastic colors.
Instead of Lauren's two contrasting colors appearing disconnected, the array of light and dark highlights in complementary colors pulls everything together.
Long Face Framing Layers Give Beautiful Bounce
Lauren has long layers throughout her tresses which help to create movement. More often than not the mega talented singer wears a long side-swept fringe.
Face framing layers give her waves lot of bounce. To make her cheekbones pop her bangs are cut to fall longer and blend into the side. A long layered cut is the key to keeping long tresses from laying flat and dragging down the face.
Whether her hair is ever enhanced with clip-ins or fusion extensions only her hairdresser will ever know.
How To Steps
Lauren is known for her long lush hair which is built upon a foundation of full and fluffy roots. Volume is the key to creating Lauren's signature hairstyle whether it's worn bone straight, up in a pony or with lots of texture.
To achieve Lauren's long bone straight hair follow the steps below:
1. Start by cleansing hair in lukewarm water with desired methodology ranging from full strength shampoo to Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO) Wash, Water Only (WO), Low Poo, No Poo or a combination.
Note: If your hair tends to fall flat or is naturally fine, thin or limp you may wish to apply products which are designed to enhance hair volume. Opt for a volume building shampoo, conditioner, volumizing spray and mousse.
2. Rinse and apply a moisturizing conditioner from the top of the ears to the tips of the hair.
3. With conditioner applied to the hair use fingers or a wide-tooth comb to detangle from the ends up to the roots.
4. Finish with a cool to cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot with hair friendly towel (without nubs).
6. Apply leave-in styling conditioner to damp hair consisting of, but not limited to, leave-in conditioner, defrisant (Phytodefrisant or similar) mousse, straightening cream and/or volume enhancing spray.
7. Part your hair slightly to the right. (It is about an inch away from a center part.)
8. Separate hair into 6 equal horizontal sections. Dry hair using a paddle brush and a blow dryer with a concentrator to dry hair straight.
Optionally you can use a round 100% boar bristle brush and a blow dryer to blow dry each section straight.
When you blow dry be sure to lift your hair and direct the air flow from the blow dryer from the ends up to the roots.
10. Separate hair into 6-8 sections and iron from the ears to the ends with a 1 1/2 - 2" barrel (medium barrel) flat iron.
After each section has been straightened roll loosely around fingers in a big barrel style roll and pin to the scalp for hair to set.
11. Once hair has cooled and completely set then unpin the invisible hair rollers.
Run your fingers through individual sections style or use a paddle style brush to lightly arrange in stick straight curtains. Do not overbrush.
12. Apply some shine serum to the ends or give your style tons of shine by misting your entire head (except your roots) with shine spray.
Additional Styling Tips
Is your hair all one length or layered? This can make a huge difference on how much volume and movement your tresses will have, whether worn stick straight or with lots of texture.
If you adore Lauren's stick straight hairstyle but have fine or thin strands you may wish to amp up the volume by clip-in some hair.
The more layers your hair has, especially if it is short or medium in length as well as the amount of natural bend, the more fullness you will have.
If you truly wish to copy Lauren’s hairstyle make sure your hair is at optimal health by keeping ends trimmed and religiously perform deep conditioning treatments to keep hair shiny.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments.
They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 05/31/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.