Australian superstar recording artist Kylie Minogue was born May 28, 1968 in Melbourne, Australia. She began her recording career in 1987 after first dabbling in the world of acting.
Her very first single was The Loco-Motion which she performed recently, in a revised fashion, on ABC's Dancing With The Stars DWTS) and The BBC's Strictly Come Dancing (SCD).
Kylie, who has lived in London for the pat 20 years, is famous for many things besides her spectacular recording career.
Kylie Minogue Brave Public Cancer Battle
She is beloved by fans and celebrities around the world for her brave fight against cancer in 2006.
TV host Giuliana Rancic cited Minogue's cancer story as incredibly" inspirational" because in 2011, she too was diagnosed with cancer.
Rancic said "When you get diagnosed, you don't know what to do… you Google. I went online and I read your (Minogue's) story, and it gave me the strength to go public as well."
Kylie Minogue Hair Evolution
The superstar is also known as a show business, fashion and celebrity hair icon. Throughout her long and award winning career Kylie has evolved with many hairstyles which transitioned along with her fashion style.
Kylie has worn every imaginable hair color, hair length and style. After her 2006 fight with cancer she bravely showcased her newly shorn head, allowing the world to watch as her hair grew back.
When she performed Loco-Motion on DWTS and Strictly Come Dancing her hair was styled long, straight and silky. Her current hair color is a rich auburn red which works beautifully with her skin and eye tone.
For her performance on DWTS and SCD she rocked a center part, no fringe and lots of volume throughout the top and sides of her hairstyle which ended with a hint of loose curl and wave.
Kylie Minogue Straight Hair - How To
Kylie's hairstyle can be customized to work with just about any face shape, hair type or texture.
For naturally curly or wavy hair the strands must be either pre-straightened or dried straight. This style is idea for hair which is medium in thickness.
To add strategically placed volume, fullness and length you may wish to play with clip-in hair extensions.
Start with a precision hair cut which is all one length or with very slight layers throughout.
Step By Step Hair Style Instructions
Follow the steps below to re-create Kylie's style:
1. Start by cleansing your detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add moisture and to treat colored or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
You may prefer to utilize an alternative cleansing method such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash, (COW), Water Only (WO) or Low Poo.
2. After cleansing, rinse hair well. Apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the product on the areas of the hair which are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
3. For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner which is allowed to soak down into the hair's shaft.
4. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Create either a center part like Kylies to encourage hair to cascade softly around both sides of the face.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. Many stars are huge fans of Phytodefrisant.
6. For fullness, lift and volume throughout the crown, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends.
7. Use a long tail comb to create desired part. Separate strands into 1" to 2 1/2" sections and blow dry with a boar's bristle round or paddle brush.
Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots. Use the brush to turn the ends under around the edges and slightly in towards the neck as you dry.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
8. When hair is completely dry you may opt to touch up the strands with a straightening iron to achieve sleeker panels of hair.
You may prefer to use a curling iron (or hot rollers) to turn under the ends or add more volume and lift to the crown area.
9. Apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add that shimmering shine similar to Kylie's.
Although it is not obvious, a few bobby pins or small combs in the same color as Kylie's hair may be discreetly placed throughout the hair to encourage more strategic volume.
Kylie Minogue has been recognized with many honorific nicknames in contemporary music.
Minogue has been compared to American recording artist Madonna in many media outlets, but because Madonna has been indentified as Queen of Pop, outlets have labeled Minogue as the Princess of Pop.
The beautiful superstar who is reportedly as nice as she is talented, recently released her brand new album "The Abbey Road Sessions". The album features sixteen tracks, all radically reworked and spanning Kylie's 25 year career.
Kylie's new album was recorded in London's legendary Abbey Road Studios with Kylie's new band and a full orchestra.
To promote her new album Kylie is making the rounds of the International talk shows, dancing shows and music venues.
Kylie's career is currently sizzling hot. Not only does she have a brand new album, she's written a book, Kylie Fashion. T
he book is being released this month by the singer and her stylist, William Baker, to chart Minogue’s influence on fashion over the 25 years since the release of her single Loco-motion.
The book, published by Thames & Hudson, includes a forward by fashion superstar Jean-Paul Gaultier.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.