Pamela Denise Anderson was born on July 1, 1967 in Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada. As much recognized for her work with animal rights activists, including PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) as the fact that she is a world famous blonde hair icon, the star has appeared on the cover of Playboy Magazine more times than any other cover model.
The 5'7" platinum blonde (natural brunette) is truly an enigma. Both loved and hated for her work with Playboy and PETA, the celebrated Playboy centerfold dedicates part of her busy life to taking part in religious practices with children around the world.
Besides her animal rights campaigns, she has been outspoken about her own struggle with hepatitis C which she contracted from sharing a tattoo needle with her ex, Tommy Lee (former husband of Heather Locklear & drummer for Motley Crue).
Pamela, also known as "Pammy", is multi-talented. Besides acting in TV's wildly popular Baywatch as Casey Jean 'C.J.' Parker, Pam has acted in movies and written a best selling book. She is devoted to her two sons Brandon and Dylan and has been fiercely protective of their privacy with the media.
The famous 39 year old blonde has made a lot of waves recently by posing nude with a group of other models in the window of Stella McCartney's London boutique as part of an anti-fur demonstration for PETA. On June 27th the beloved blonde worked in a crusade to raise publicity for HIV Testing Day.
Being blonde is part of Pam's brand and she is happy to admit it. Pam has been quoted in the media as saying 'it's great being blonde; with such low expectations it's easy to impress"
The recent inductee into Canada's Walk of Fame, Pamela has been quoted (on IMDB.com) as saying "I am the ultimate California girl, which is funny, being that I'm Canadian."
Pamela has worked with celebrity hairdresser Ken Paves over the past few years. Not only did Ken report to me that he coiffed Pam's hair for one of her calendars, he traveled with her to the Country Music Awards one year when she was the hostess and did her hair for the entire show.
Since Ken only works with female celebrities that are great to work with, I know that Pamela must be as sweet and kind as people have said she is. She has a reputation for being a sweetheart who really cares about people, animals and her fans.
Pamela was quoted as saying "the best hair styles I've worn have been styled by men I've slept with... I guess the walk of shame also doubles as a red carpet," after she won Sexiest Hair in the AG Best Canadian Celebrity Hair Awards.
In the case of Ken Paves, his relationship with Pam has always been that of hairdresser and good friend and definitely would not fall into any other categories.
In keeping with her sex kitten image, Pam wears her hair long, very blonde and layered with carefully constructed short layers throughout to help build in fullness and movement.
The blonde bombshell likes to wear her hair a variety of different styles ranging from sultry full ponytails to lots of waves.
Although she has been known to wear her hair up for special events, the majority of the time that Pam is making a public appearance she has her hair coiffed so that it is full but cascading down around her shoulders.
Believe it or not, Pam colors her naturally brunette hair at home by herself. Ken Paves told me "Pam loves to touch up her darker roots with her bleach formula and then get on her treadmill to walk or run while her hair color "cooks"".
What hair color formula you ask? That is a big secret. At least Ken would never tell me the name of the color that Pam buys at the grocery store for her hair.
According to Ken, Pam is worried that if it becomes public knowledge what hair color she uses that consumers might try to duplicate her hair and have problems. She doesn't want that to happen. Indeed, achieving Pam's very light platinum blonde would be quit a process, especially for someone with very dark hair to start.
Because Pam's hair is naturally dark brunette I would assume that Pam uses a two step blonding process that consists of a bleach for powerful lifting and then a toner for the white blonde.
Step By Step Instructions For Pamela's Hairstyle
Pamela Anderson's style works best for hair that is long and naturally thick. If your hair is short or medium in length and thin or medium, consider going with hair extensions or temporary add-on strands to get maximum fullness.
Another option is to use all your hair volume tricks and products for maximum fullness.
Ken told me that Pam has naturally thick hair that has a little bend. While she has her hair professionally coiffed for Red Carpet Events, calendar shoots, film and TV roles, she likes to do her own hair as much as possible.
To copy Pam's long lush full long look complete the following steps:
If your hair is exceptionally dry or damaged from the bleaching, consider diluting your shampoo with warm water or performing a conditioner wash only.
2. Rinse well and then apply a good rinse-out conditioner focusing the products on the areas of the hair that are most dry or damaged. For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner that is allowed to soak down into the hair's shaft.
3. After the conditioning step is complete rinse well and finish with a cool/cold water rinse.
4. Towel blot strands to remove excess moisture.
5. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots. If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products.
6. For lots of fullness and volume apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Apply an orange sized puff of volume enhancing styling mousse to your strands distributing well from just below the roots to the ends.
7. Bend over at the waist and blow dry the underside of the hair to get maximum volume. Direct the air flow from the end up to the roots to ruffle the cuticle and get max fullness.
8. When the underneath section of hair is dry, flip hair back over and blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
9. Make sure hair is 100% dry. Separate strands into 1-2 inch sections. Work from side to side and curl the individual sections into barrel curls with a medium barrel curling iron.
Release the hair from the iron and wrap newly created curl loosely around your finger. Pin against the scalp with a bobby pin. Spray with hairspray. Allow the curl to cool while working on the next section.
10. When entire head has been curled and is cool, spray entire head with hairspray. Working from side to side remove one curl at a time.
11. Use fingers to carefully arrange curls. Do not brush the new curls unless you want a softer or more deconstructed look.
Pamela Anderson is as famous for her silky platinum blonde hair as she is for her controversial politics (PETA) and the various roles that she plays on TV and in film. One thing is for certain, she cares very much for children, animals and the rights of people around the world.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 01/04/10
|Send this page to a friend..|