Julianne Marie Hugh was worn in Utah on July 20, 1988. The gorgeous platinum blonde dancer has won two ABC Dancing With The Stars championship.
The natural born dancer won in Spring of 2007 with Apolo Anton Ohno, an Olympic speed skater. It seems that Julianne dances well with famous athletes. Recently she repeated her Spring 2007 with Indy 500 champion, Helio Castroneves.
There are many fascinating tidbits about Julianne including the fact she is the youngest professional dancer to ever compete on Dancing With The Stars. Another fact, her older brother Derek is also a professional dancer who partnered with Jennie Garth.
Julianne was literally born with dancing blood in her veins. Not only did all four of her grandparents dance, her parents met while on a ballroom dancing team.
The beautiful blonde was dancing competitively at the tender age of 9. She studied dance in London, England where she and her brother lived with their dance coaches who just happened to be world dance champions themselves.
When she was 15, Julianne returned to Utah and them moved to Los Angeles, California where she became an assistant choreographer on Gwen Stefani's Wind It Up music video.
If you're wondering why Julianne seems to have championship hair to go along with her spectacular dancing, the answer is quite clear. While dancing is definitely about the body, the steps and the moves, it is also about the hair, make-up, costumes and shoes.
Growing up in the world of competitive ballroom Julianne learned early the importance of looking and dressing the part.
Of course the Dancing With The Stars professional dancers and their celebrity partners have hairstylists, make-up artists and costume designers working on every single appearance on the popular show.
One thing is for sure, Julianne has been snow white platinum blonde for both seasons of her winning appearances on Dancing. She also appears to wear a series of wigs, clip-ins and hair extensions which transform her naturally below-the-chin length tresses into a spectacular array of updos, ponytails, flips and sexy hair twists.
Besides having fabulous hairstyles, Julianne and her pro team must create hair looks that withstand the physically active dance routines.
Review Of Julianne Hough's Hairstyles
A quick review of Julianne's costumes which are designed to highlight each dance routine and work in-step with her partner's also shows a dizzying array of spectacular hairstyles. Julianne has a classic heart shaped face with a delicate but with a square shaped chin that is slightly prominent.
For her ABC Dancing With The Stars promo photos Julianne was shown with a beautiful 60s style hair flip that has been softened and modernized for 2007.
The look, which most likely was either fashioned from clip-in extension strands or some add-in human hair to create fullness combined a full frontal side-sweep of hair on either side of the part with lots of lush volume.
The ends were tightly curled and then deconstructed to break up the curls so that they were finished yet messy.
Julianne also was coiffed in a series of ponytails, pinned up hair twists, parts and forehead fringes.
Basic Steps - How To Re-Create Julianne Hough's Hairstyles
Follow the steps below to re-create Julianne's hairstyle:
1. Shampoo hair with a product designed to address your hair's special needs. If you color, highlight or chemically treat your hair, like Julianne, select a shampoo that supports those treatments. If you prefer, use a dilution formula or a conditioning only (CO) treatment.
2. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioners. (Avoid if hair is super thin or fine). Keep in mind that if hair is too soft it will be harder to back comb. 3. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine. 4. Towel blot and apply very light cocktail of desired leave-in detangler, conditioner or styling products (firm holding mousse or gel depending on your type and texture of hair). 5. For extra volume along the crown and sides, apply a firm holding or sculpting gel. 6. Blow dry hair straight using a blow dryer with a concentrator attachment. If hair is naturally curly or wavy, apply a straightening balm like Phytodefrisant or similar to damp strands. Use a boar's head style paddle brush and separate hair into individual sections.
Note: For detailed tips on how to blow dry hair perfectly straight read Celebrity Hairdresser's Tips: Blow Drying Your Hair
7. Create desired part on either side of the face. 8. Separate hair into 2" sections and set entire head on medium sized hot rollers. After each section cools, remove the hot roller and roll the section around your finger. Pin against your scalp to help set the finished curl.
9. When all curls are set, remove and brush out with a boar bristle brush. 10. To achieve lots of volume along the sides and the crowns, back comb the hair for fullness. Clip all of the hair except for a one inch section at the nape of the neck out of the way. Take the one inch section of hair and pull it tight. Using a comb with tightly spaced teeth, gently back comb it up towards the scalp. 11. Focus on directing the back combed hair towards the root area about 2 inches from the actual roots. Consistently pack the hair tightly towards the scalp to achieve a strong base to for a bigger overall style.
Note: For more details click on the link to How To Back Comb Your Hair for step by step instructions. Repeat the back combing process working completely around your head from side to side until all of your hair is backcombed to the height and volume you desire. Take your time and focus on using a consistent back combing technique.
12. After you have achieved the desired fullness and height, spray well with a strong finishing spray like PhytoPro Strong Finishing Spray or similar. Let the hairspray dry while you move to the next section of hair. 13. Use a medium to large barrel curling iron to touch up the curls along the perimeter of the style. 14. When hair is completely curled and cooled, spray well with firm holding styling spray. 15. Apply a light touch of shine product to add shimmer. Remember not to apply too much shine product.
Note: If your natural hair is not conducive to re-creating Julianne's hairstyle opt for a synthetic or human hair clip-in to instantly add the desired texture. Check out the many clip-in extension options from Jessica Simpson's HairDo line or from the HairUWear Pop collection.
Julianne Hough's Optional Hairstyles
Once your hair is completely prepped you can fashion your tresses into a wide range of hairstyles like those worn by Julianne on Dancing With The Stars.
One of the easiest options is to pull hair into a soft ponytail captured at the nape of the neck or high up at the back of the head.
You can combine either style of low or high ponytail with tousled bangs or a gorgeous side-swept wave extending along one side of the head.
Switch up ponytails by brushing all hair off the face for an instant pompadour lift along the hairline. Or back comb for extra lift at the crown and wrap a top gathered pony into a high rise circular hair twist.
If you opt to create a nape based ponytail you can also wrap it counterclockwise and fan it out into a soft chignon. Pin the chignon well and use your fingers to loosely arrange it into a soft shape. Pin a gorgeous brightly hued flower in the middle of the chignon to offset the sexy hair bun.
Julianne also favors sexy, sassy hairstyles where a nape based pony, soft braid or loose curls are brushed into a side pony and then tousled and arranged to cascade down over one shoulder. This is also an easy style to craft and dress up or down.
Whether you pull your hair to the right or left or do a double side style, you will need tresses that are long enough to nestle on or over your shoulders. Or you will need to clip-in extension strands to seal the deal.
For extra dazzle, attach a jeweled ponytail wrap or pin a simple jeweled bobby along the hairline. If your hair is naturally curly or wavy, you may prefer to create this style by using a long finger diffuser on your strands to create natural waves.
The options are endless for recreating all of Julianne's Dancing hairstyles. Once your hair is completely prepped you can fashion your tresses into a wide range of hairstyles like those worn by Julianne on Dancing With The Stars. Depending on which of the styles you select you may have to spend more time fine tuning the look but it will be well worth it to copy Julianne's gorgeous tresses.
Most of these hairstyles can be created at home with a little practice. However, if you desire a more complicated style, you may wish to work with a professional stylist like Julianne does.
Julianne Hough is the essence of beauty and sheer romance with her many stunning hairstyles.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 10/18/10