Taryn Manning was fabulous as Rita on FX TV's "Sons Of Anarchy" for four episodes in 2008.
In the Fall of 2010 the sassy blonde actress transforms into a crime fighter in the highly anticipated CBS series Hawaii Five-O which picks up 32 years after the original Jack Lord starred in the famous series which is being resurrected.
Taryn is co-starring with Alex O'Loughlin of "Three Rivers" who plays Steve McGarrett's role and Lost's Daniel Dae Kim who plays Chin Ho Kelly. 24's 'Jean Smart and Entourage's Scott Caan co-star.
Note: Visit Taryn Manning's Celebrity Hairstyle Gallery
Taryn is famous for wearing her extra long fringe so that it extends completely across her forehead connected by longer strands at the sides.
She also appears to prefer lots of separation in the fringe, almost as if it is slightly twisted with a light hair wax to achieve a deliberate pieced out look. I'm never really surprised by Taryn's evolution of streetwise hairstyles which honor her quirky fashions.
Taryn recently appeared on the Red Carpet in LA for the JC Penny/Charlotte Ronson celebration.
Her former spicy chocolate hue has been replaced by a lighter golden blonde with hints of light caramel interwoven throughout the underside of her loose wave wrapped hairstyle.
If you have shoulder-length or longer hair, you can easily achieve Taryn's edgy look which combines her tousled piece-y fringe with ribbons of barely there waves.
The biggest secret to Taryn's sassy look is subtle layers cut into her fringe extending into the sides of her hair which helps to amp up any natural texture.
Three words describe Taryn's Red Carpet style: nonchalent, tousled, sexy.
For hair which is naturally straight, the key to achieving the subtle waves is to use a great styling spray on dry strands and wrap strands around a large barrel curling iron.
Quick Hairstyling Tips:
Taryn's hair style is ideal for anyone with shoulder length or longer tresses which are medium in thickness with some natural waves or bend.
Taryn's hairstyle is best achieved on freshly cleansed, 100% dry hair which has been properly prepped with styling products to give the hair appropriate workability.
Follow the styling tips below:
1. Cleanse hair with products designed specifically for your hair's type, texture, condition and/or special needs such as colored hair. Add appropriate rinse-out conditioner with a final cold water rinse.
2. Towel blot. Rake leave-in conditioner and appropriate styling cocktail through strands. Work through strands starting at the hairline and working down through the ends. Apply volume enhancing spray to roots for extra lift.
3. Dry individual 2" sections of hair with a large 100% boar bristle round brush and blow dryer with concentrator attachment. If you prefer to create tousled separation rather than sleek volume use a long finger diffuser instead.
4. Add lots of volume by flipping head upside down while drying. Blow dry until tresses are dry throughout the base but still damp on the ends.
Flip head back to finish ends. Use a 2-inch round boar bristle brush. Turn hair slightly under at the ends. Blow hair back at temples. Direct strands away from the face briefly to create additional lift and shape.
5. Separate hair into 2" strands. Spray each section with a styling spray. Wrap each section around the barrel of a medium to large curling iron.
6. Remove the new curl from the iron and roll with finger. Pin against the scalp. Allow to completely cool.
7. When hair is completely curled and cool remove pins. Use fingers to tousle and arrange loose waves.
8. Finish hair styling process with light holding spray. Swipe with light shine serum to capture random fly-a-ways and add bounce shimmer.
Hairstyling Notes & Options
Allow pinned curls to set for a minimum of 30-45 minutes for longer lasting texture.
Avoid disturbing newly created texture with comb or brush. Slightly back comb throughout crown and adjacent to hairline to add more volume.
Avoid too much product or styling to keep hair soft.
For different styling options try side ponies or braids like Taryn does.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 10/24/10
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.