Canadian recording artist Carly Rae Jepsen was born on November 21, 1985 in Mission, British Columbia.
In 2007, she placed third in the fifth season of Canadian Idol, and was a part of the Canadian Idol Top 3 concert tour.
Jepsen cites a mix of classic rock and alternative bands as her musical influence, such as James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen, Kimbra, La Roux, and Robyn.
Jepsen's second album Curiosity was released on February 14, 2012. It was produced by Ryan Stewart and Kevin James Maher produced the track "Dear Julien".
Justin Bieber & Scooter Braun - School Boy Records
On the same day as the release, Justin Bieber made the announcement on the MuchMusic program New Music Live that Jepsen has been signed to School Boy Records, the label run by Justin Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun.
Signing with School Boy Records was a fabulous boost for the Canadian singers budding career.
Jepsen made her first American television debut on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, performing "Call Me Maybe" (with Jared Manierka on keys), later joined by Justin Bieber.
Carly was also the first Canadian Idol contestant to enter the UK charts, when Call Me Maybe debuted at number one.
Teen Choice Awards
The beautiful Canadian recently appeared on the Teen Choice Awards with her long silky brunette hair expertly styled so that it fell slightly forward into seductive soft bend with beautiful movement and body.
A blunt fringe playfully framed her stunning eyes. The edges of her sleek style were slightly turned under.
If you look closely you will be able to see subtle highlights and lowlights to add fullness, movement and depth.
As her career evolves expect Carly to experiment with changing up her texture from sleek and straight to infused with undulating ripples of soft waves. She may also play with sleek classic styled ponytails, twists or chignons.
Steal Carly's Sleek Long Hair Style
Carly's hairstyle can be customized to work with just about any face shape, hair type or texture.
For naturally curly or wavy hair the strands must be either pre-straightened or blow dried straight. This style is idea for hair which is medium in thickness.
To add strategically placed volume, fullness and length you may wish to play with clip-in hair extensions.
Start with a precision hair cut which is all one length or with very slight layers throughout.
Step By Step Hair Style Instructions
Follow the steps below to re-create Carly's style:
1. Start by cleansing your detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add moisture and to treat colored or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
You may prefer to utilize an alternative cleansing method such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash, (COW), Water Only (WO) or Low Poo.
2. After cleansing, rinse hair well. Apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the product on the areas of the hair which are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
3. For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner which is allowed to soak down into the hair's shaft.
4. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots. Create either a center or side part, depending on how you wish to style your hair.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. Many stars are huge fans of Phytodefrisant.
6. For fullness, lift and volume throughout the crown, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends.
7. Use a long tail comb to create desired part. Separate strands into 1" to 2 1/2" sections and blow dry with a boar's bristle round or paddle brush.
Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots. Use the brush to turn the ends under around the edges and slightly in towards the neck as you dry.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
8. When hair is completely dry you may opt to touch up the strands with a straightening iron to achieve sleeker panels of hair.
You may prefer to use a curling iron (or hot rollers) to turn under the ends or add more volume and lift to the crown area.
9. Apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add that shimmering shine similar to Carly's. Hairspray is optional.
Although it is not obvious, a few bobby pins or small combs in the same color as Carly's hair may be discreetly placed throughout the hair to encourage more volume.
Carly's career is sizzling hot. Not only does she have the same management as Justin Bieber, her name is becoming well-known.
The beautiful brunette played at Citywalk at Universal Studios on April 14, 2012. 400 people who paid $5 were allowed to meet with the singer and get CDs autographed by her.
On May 20, 2012 Jepsen performed "Call Me Maybe" at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. On May 22, 2012 she performed "Tug of War", "Curiosity", and "Call Me Maybe" at the first Q102 Springle Ball concert.
On June 17, 2012 Jepsen performed "Call Me Maybe" at the 2012 MuchMusic Video Awards and later on she dueted "Wild Ones" with Flo Rida.
In October 2012, Jepsen will appear in the premiere episode of 90210 and perform a new song from her upcoming album.
- Revised Publication Date: 07/25/12
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.