Beautiful brunette hued Allison Miller from NBC's Kings. is a Virgo, born September 2, 1985, in Rome, Italy to Margo and John Winn Miller.
Although she was born overseas, the American actress was raised in Lexington, Kentucky., State College, Pennsylvania and Tallahassee, Florida.
Allison's father John was the former publisher of The Olympian newspaper in Olympia, Washington until he retired in January of 2009 to pursue other interests. As a result of her father's newspaper career the family, including Alison were required to move.
When her father finally retired from The Olympian he and his wife left Washington and moved back to the Eastern United States.
While in high school in Florida, Allison got the acting bug when she attended the Young Actor’s Theatre.
Miller graduated from Maclay High School in Tallahassee, Fla. She attended the University of Florida in Gainesville for a few semesters before transferring to Rhodes College.
She appeared as Nora in the play Brighton Beach Memoirs for the theatre.
While, at the University of Florida she appeared in a performance of The Vagina Monologues in February 2005 to benefit charities and education programs to stop violence against women and girls.
Beginning On Her Acting Journey In Hollywood
She moved to Hollywood in 2006 to pursue her career full-time. Allison has appeared in a number of acting roles since she started acting in 2006 but is best known for her most recent TV role in NBC's Kings.
Sadly the compelling drama was not picked up for a second season but Allison did appear in all of the episodes before the show was sadly cancelled.
Kings was based on the biblical story of David. Allison played King Silas’ beautiful daughter, Michelle Benjamin. Michelle Benjamin, her character was an analogue of Michal (daughter of Saul and first wife of David).
Breaking Into Films
The beautiful brunette, has just broken into the film scene, and appeared in her first major feature this Summer with the release of "17 Again" alongside Zac Efron. In the hit movie the lovely Allison played Zac's girlfriend Scarlett.
She also spent time in China and Argentina shooting a lead role in the feature film "Blood: The Last Vampire," directed by Chris Nahon ("Kiss the Dragon") and produced by William Hong ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon").
Previous Acting Roles
She also had a recurring role on "Boston Legal" as Candice Bergen’s granddaughter. Allison’s other work included playing a teen model who upstaged Eva Longoria Parker on "Desperate Housewives," and a Suicide Girl on the drama "CSI: NY."
She first appeared on primetime in the leading guest role of a singer/songwriter in a 1920s flashback on the crime drama "Cold Case." Allison arrived on the LA theater scene in the play "Wasp," part of the highly acclaimed Blank Theatre Co. Young Playwrights Festival.
Hair Texture, Face Shape & Styling Options
Allison is blessed with big beautiful light colored eyes, well shaped brows and a face shape which incorporates a basic oval shape punctuated with tapered cheekbones and a perfectly rounded chin.
For her appearances in Kings Allison wore her hair a myriad of ways ranging from well-defined soft curls to softly textured S shaped waves.
She also wore her hair down cascading around her face and alternated between below-the-eyebrow bangs and her fringe hair brushed to one side from an angled side part.
Allison's hair color fluctuated slightly in tone during the course of Kings. It mostly consisted of a rich dimensional chocolate base with strategically placed lighter milk chocolate highlights and caramel lowlights painted throughout the hairline, the crown and interior of the hairstyle to add contrast, shimmer and movement.
Whether she wore her hair bursting with curls and waves or straighter and more finished, she demonstrated a fabulous sense of hair fashion savvy. She is a gorgeous young actress who has the looks to make her famous.
Steal Allison Miller's Hairstyle
Although Allison had access to an on-set Kings hairdresser for her array of perfectly finished Michelle Benjamin styles, with a little time and practice it would be possible to steal her beautiful on-screen styles.
Follow the steps listed below to recreate Allison's basic hairstyle:
1. Start by selecting a shampoo with a color safe formula to preserve any gorgeous milk chocolate highlights or rich caramel lowlight hues like those beautifully interwoven throughout Allison's brunette base.
Otherwise, select a shampoo that works with your current texture, type and condition of hair.
Shampoo product to try: Rene Furterer Okara Repairing Shampoo created specifically for chemically treated hair (perms, colors, chemical straightening). The Okara Extract (soy protein) restructures and tonifies the most damaged hair for a long lasting color or creation of vigorous waves curls.
2 Apply a rinse out conditioner that works for your hair's normal texture, type and condition. Consider trying a color co-ordinated mask to intensify your existing color. Avoid using the conditioner on super fine hair or near the roots.
Conditioning product to try: Okara Restructuring and Protective Radiance Mask
3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
4. Towel blot (never rub or rough dry) to remove excess water.5. Coat damp strands with your favorite customized styling product cocktail containing styling tools such as a defrisant, volume building mousse, gel or other styling products that work best with your hair texture and type.
Anti Frizz products to try: Rene Furterer Control Emulsion Anti Frizz
Styling product to try: Rene Furterer Anti-Dehydrating Mousse
6. Blow dry using a large round boar's bristle brush (shown to the side - Conair Round Brush) for strong, lasting support. Direct the air flow down from the roots towards the end to build in shine and smooth strands. 7. Use fingers to lightly pick and lift near the roots for desired volume and lift.
8. Use round brush to lightly roll the ends of the hair under.
9. Finish blow drying with blast of cold air, if possible, which sets the style.
10. When hair is 100% dry use a tail comb or brush to create the desired part.
Separate hair into individual 2" sections and set on medium sized hot rollers, or curl with a medium sized curling iron to add movement to the strands.
11. If curling with a curling iron, after working with each section, roll the newly formed curl with your fingers up towards your scalp and pin into place to allow the curl to cool completely. Work around the entire head until all sections have been curled and pinned to the scalp. Spritz lightly with a soft hold hairspray.
12. If curling with hot rollers, let the curlers completely cool before removing. Once all the rollers have been released, let new curls dangle free before styling. Spritz lightly with a soft hold hairspray.
13. Use your fingers and/or a boar's head brush to lightly break up the curls and arrange into a soft finished halo of bouncy waves that terminate into a slight curl at the tips.
14. If desired use a small barrel curling iron to touch up the curls on the ends. Let the curls cool and then tousle lightly with fingers.
15. Apply a small drop of shine serum and lightly brush over the top of the finished style. If you prefer, use a shine spray product and spray into the palms of your hands and then glide over finished style.
Shine Serum Product To Try:
Rene Furterer Spray Gloss which creates a soft mirror like shimmer when sprayed over hair. It also helps enhance hair's texture.
16. If desired, finish the look with a long lasting hairspray for a silky shine effect.
Hairspray to try:
Rene Furterer Mini Lacque Hairspray - Great hairspray that tucks neatly into any handbag or perfect for travel.
Other Hair Styling Options
Allison's basic style offers many options. If you prefer a sleek straight style, use a flat brush to blow dry tresses bone straight. Finish with a flat iron.
If you prefer tousled textures, experiment with scrunching, blow drying with a long finger diffuser or use different sized hot rollers and break up the finished curls with your fingers or a brush.
This style offers many options including working well when pulled up into a half up/half down tumble of texture or wrapped into messy twist.
In addition to acting she has training in voice, tap & jazz, as well in modern dance.
She is a Mezzo Soprano, 3 octave range. Allison also plays the piano and the guitar. She is proficient in Spanish and French
Allison's career is blowing up thanks to her great roles in Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin. She also has gorgeous blonde tresses that she wears in a range of sassy styles.
This uber talented actress will no doubt surface again soon. At least we can all hope.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 07/08/09 - Revised Date: 07/13/10
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.