The Holiday season is one of my favorite fashion times. It's perfect Little Black Dress (LBD), chignon and sophisticated hairstyle wearing season.
Simple yet striking Holiday Hair is always a perfect complement for any gorgeous LBD or any other types of elegant Holiday gowns.
Elegant Chignon Hairstyles From Guido For Redken
When I think of simple yet striking Holiday hair I always return to the simple yet strikingly elegant chignon hairstyle which first made its appearance on a past Ralph Lauren fashion runway.
The amazing hair gurus at Redken, led by Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a gorgeous hairstyle perfect for showing off any LBD or other festive fashions.
Over the years as I've had the privilege of viewing Guido's stunning hairstyles, I am always amazed at his artistic creativity.
Guido's minimal classic hairstyle works perfectly on its own, or can even look spectacular underneath a stunning dressy winter hat.
Because of it's precision styling, the hairstyle is immune to the famous hat hair. Guido noted that his hair design achieved a "complete feeling."
He referenced the elegance of the hairstyle by saying "it’s a very chic, put-together style."
When discussing the chignon gracefully positioned at the nape of the neck Guido said it is " important to make the chignons as small and as refined as possible."
The famous high fashion hairstylist noted "This look goes along with what I typically think we create in New York in that it’s very American and wearable.”
Tips For Creating The Simple Yet Striking Holiday Hair
This hairstyle works best on hair which is shoulder length or longer. Ideally hair is medium to thick with only a slight natural bend.
Hair which is naturally textured would require temporary straightening. Short extended tresses without obvious seams could also be coiffed into a similar chignon style.
How To Recreate The Look
• Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water with desired cleansing formulation (shampoo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, water only, combination of formulas).
• When appropriate for your hair type and/or texture, after rinsing out your cleansing formula apply a rinse-out conditioner.
• Separate hair into individual sections and detangle from ends to roots with fingers or a wide tooth comb while hair is saturated with condition.
• After completely detangling rinse well, finishing with a cool/cold final rinse.• Remove excess water with an accordion style gentle finger squeeze.
• Towel blot hair to remove any additional water.• Apply Redken's satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and and blow-dry straight.
• Use a long tail comb or similar to create a clean center part.• Utilize fingers and/or a boar bristle style paddle brush to gather hair tightly into a ponytail positioned at the nape of the neck.
• Secure the pony with a hair-friendly elastic.
• Spray style with shine flash 02 glistening mist and twist up into a knot, securing with open fasteners.
• After you have positioned your chignon spray final style with fashion work 12 versatile working spray to tame frizz and flyaway’s for a sleek finish.Summary - Simple Yet Striking Holiday Hair
Worn with a LBD (little black dress) or a glamourous gown, a simple yet striking holiday hair style is the most essential element of your holiday look.
Lucky for us Guido, Redken's resident hair guru offers a stunning hair chignon which completes any Holiday look.
More On Redken
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon.
For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.