Unless you happen to be one of those lucky people who are born with natural waves you may not realize how much work goes into how to get tousled hair.
To be honest, depending upon your hair type, natural texture, length and condition, your hair may or may not be easily styled into a sexy, sassy windblown look.
The best hair for tousling has natural bend and is shoulder length or longer.
There is no right or wrong way to tousle as many celebrities have demonstrated.
Ke$ha takes tousled hair to the limit while Jennifer Lawrence goes with an elegant polished tousle.
Step By Step - How To Get Tousled Hair
This blog will share the secrets of how to style your hair so it looks polished while being perfectly rumpled.Follow the steps below in order to learn how to get tousled hair.Build A Solid Texture Base
1. An important building block for polished tousled hair is to block frizz. Start with a moisture building wet cleansing with hydrating products.
Whether you do a traditional, Water Only (WO), Conditioner Only Wash (CO Wash) or a combination, be sure to apply a frizz blasting rinse-out conditioner.
2. After applying a rinse out conditioner, detangle hair from the ends to the roots with your fingers or a wide tooth comb. Work slowly from the ends to the roots in small sections.3. Finish with a cool/cold final rinse.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
Prep With Proper Products
5. Apply a leave-in styling cocktail customized to your natural hair texture which may include, but not be limited to a leave-in conditioner, styling cream, mousse or similar.6. Separate damp product prepped hair into individual 2 inch sections.
Select Your Best Drying Method
7. Focus on your natural hair texture when you dry. For natural waves and/or curls, use a long finger diffuser set on a cool setting or for naturally straight hair, use 100% boar bristle round brush and a dryer with a air concentrator.8. As you finish drying each section of hair, roll it around your fingers and pin against your scalp. This allows hair time to completely dry and set.
Finger Pick, Tousle And Arrange
9. Once all of your hair is 100% dry, spritz lightly with a styling spray to add extra hold.10. Unpin each section individually.
11. Bend over at the waist and allow hair to gently flow.12. Stand back up and arrange your hair. Tousle gently with fingers.
13. If you don't feel you have enough tousle, use a 1 1/2" curling iron to fine tune individual sections.14. When you decide to hot iron finish, re-roll each newly ironed section and pin it to your scalp to cool and set.
15. After you have fine tuned the tousles, unpin and finger pick.16. Spritz lightly with a light shine enhancing styling spray.
Summary - How To Get Tousled Hair
Most hair experts would agree that absolute best hair for tousling has natural bend. It's usually best when it's shoulder length or longer.
There is no right or wrong way to tousle hair as many celebrities have demonstrated.
Whether you go with a wild tousle or a finished one, build from a good base, use the right products and finish with an excellent styling spray.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.