This chic wave infused hairstyle, which features beautifully created texture on below-the-shoulder tresses looks amazing for day or evening.
Whether you want to rock these stunning waves at a football game or for a more dressy evening event, it is a great hairstyle for homecoming or any other dressy party hair event.
With a little practice you can re-create this hairstyle yourself. Or have your favorite hairstylist create it for you or show you how.
It's helps if your hair is naturally wavy or curly but with the proper hot iron or rollers anyone with long hair can copy this look.
This hairstyle can be created with or without a fringe from any type of part. The waves can be create looser and softer or tight depending upon your preferences.
Follow the steps below to re-create:
How To Hair - Three Hot Homecoming Hairstyles
1) Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with desired method (full shampoo, diluted shampoo, no poo, conditioner only, water only or a combo). For colored or chemically treated hair be sure to use a product designed for those hair special needs.2. Rinse well and apply rinse-out conditioner from tops of ears down to the ends. Use fingers or a wide tooth comb to detangle individual horizontal sections from the ends to the roots to remove snarls and tangles.
3. Towel blot and then apply a styling cocktail customized to your hair type, texture and condition. It may include but not be limited to a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and styling mousse or cream. Distribute from the roots to the ends with fingers or wide tooth comb.4. Separate hair into 1-2" horizontal strands. Blow dry each section with a blow dryer and a long finger diffuser. Lift roots with fingers for additional lift.
5. Once hair is completely dry brush entire head with a 100% boar bristle brush. Smooth flyaway strands by pushing curling iron down from toots to the middle of hair in 1 to 2 inch segments.6. Create soft waves by looping 1 inch sections of hair from the middle to the ends around a 1 1/2" barrel curling iron approximately 3-4 times depending on length of each section. Hold in place for a few seconds and then gently release.
7. After each section is created roll newly curly section around fingers. Pin to the scalp to cool and set.8. When all of the hair has been curled, pinned and cool, unpin.
9. Use fingers to arrange. For more volume bend over at waist and gently fluff.10. Finish with a spritz of shaping hairspray. Optionally apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of the hands and massage together. Brush tops of palms over top of newly formed waves to add shimmer.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.