Katie Holmes has flawless skin, stunning eyes, lips and lush chocolate brown hair. She showcased her beautiful complexion at the May 2011 Simon Wiesenthal Center Annual National Tribute Dinner which she attended in a sexy Little Black Dress (LBD) and gorgeous earrings.
Her lush long hair was raked back at the roots and the rest of her hair framed her face on the sides making her skin, eyes and lips the focus.
How To - Step By Step
Follow the steps below to copy Katie's raked back roots hairstyle:
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a volume enhancing product. Utilize the cleansing system which works best for your hair type, texture, length and condition. You may prefer to do a full shampoo, diluted shampoo (DS), low poo, conditioner only wash (CO) water only (WO) or a combination of the various options.2. Rinse cleansing formula from your hair. If your hair needs conditioner, apply a light conditioning product from the top of your ears down to the ends. Optionally you can apply the conditioner to the ends only.
3. Once the rinse out conditioner is apply to strands, detangle with a wide tooth comb or fingers from the ends up to the roots.4. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to seal cuticles and amp up volume.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.6. Apply styling cocktail which may include a light leave-in conditioner and a volumizer to damp roots.
7. Separate hair into 8 horizontal sections.8. Blow dry each individual section with a boar bristle round brush pulling sections up and forward to create maximum lift.
9. Once hair is 100% dry spray fingers with volume enhancing hairspray.10. Rake fingers through the roots and direct them up and off your face.
11. Run fingers through the rest of the strands pushing them off the face.12. To get more lift from the roots use a 1 1/2" curling iron or large hot rollers to add more volume.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.