Many times right after you leave the salon your hair will look amazing. However, in a matter of hours or days you will be left with a new haircut or style and have no idea how to work with it.
(Image of a sleek and shiny mid-length bob hairstyle - courtesy of Pureology - From the CustomFit PureExpression Collection - All Rights Reserved)
Avoiding Post-Salon Hair Style Crashing
The best way to avoid post-salon cut or styling crashing is to ask your hairdresser while you are still in the salon for tips on how to recreate your new style at home. You might also ask for suggestions on how to amp up your base style to create different looks.
If your forget to chat with your stylist or still need additional styling inspiration consider the following hairstyle makeover tips:
1. Change the texture - This is the easiest way to amp up any hairstyle. In the case of the example sleek bob you can instantly change the look by wearing it with waves and curls to give a completely different look. The ways to add curls range from wet sets with pin curls or self-adhesive rollers to electric rollers or curling irons.
3. Focus on a new focal point - TV personality - Snookie Polizzi - knows how to change up her hairstyles, but adding or subtracting her now-famous poufs. Hair bumps adding behind the hairline, at the crown or in-between will change the focal point of your style. Try it, you might likt it.
5. Frame it differently with a fringe - If you don't currently have bangs, adding them can totally change a hairstyle. If you do have them, consider framing your face differently by going with side-swept versus a blunt full-fringe. Or play with the thickness of the bang. Wispy bangs look completely different than thicker bangs.
7. Add some eye candy - On the season finale of Glee all the female members of the club wore matching headbands. It was amazing how much it altered their individual hairstyles. If headbands aren't your thing, play with a range of hair clips, barrettes or decorative bobby pins place in a wide range of positions around your hairline.
11. Splash on some color - Whether you opt for just a few highlights or lowlights, color can instantly alter a hairstyle. If you don't want to go with the chemical versions, opt for a few add-on hair extensions in contrasting or complementary hues.
13. Experiment with new products - Changing up your mousse, hair glaze or volumizing formulas can instantly alter your hairstyle. If you're on a budget pick up some sample sizes or ask a friend to trade out some of their products for yours.
(Image of Tarina Tarantino - Tokyo Hardcore Kanzashi Bobby Pin - Purple - with works great for any hair length, type or texture - All Rights Reserved - HairBoutique.com)
If none of the above suggestions trigger any new hair inspirations have a hair makeover party with your friends. Take turns being the makeover subject. Ask everyone to bring their favorite hair toys, tools and products. You'll be amazed at how much fun it is and you might just find a sizzling new look for your current hairstyle.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.