The sleek Summer looped pony was showcased on the 2015 New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter Suno show.
Iconic lead hairstylist Odile Gilbert created the edgy looped pony for Kenra Professional.
The hairstyle was a perfect pairing with the Caribbean colors of the SUNO Fall/Winter 2015 collection which featured graphic primaries including red, yellow, blue and green grounded in solid black and white.
SUNO designers Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty incorporated elements of madness. Their inspiration wa Bertha Mason, the insane first wife of Edward Rochester in Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre. The collection included unlikely combinations of print and trims, and structured silhouettes which gave way to seams pulling apart.
The Odile Gilbert pony was not only perfect on the fashion runway, it's an edgy, easy Summer strand style.
Follow the steps below to re-create this very easy DIY sleek summer looped ponytail:
1. Begin with 100% dry hair.2. Brush through it completely before spraying Kenra Platinum Dry Shampoo throughout to refresh the hair.
Note: For fine or thin hair which has a bit more oil or impurities at the roots, apply Kenra Platinum Texture Powder 4. This amazing powder will alleviate it root toxin.
3. Spray Kenra Platinum Style Prep throughout all of the hair to provide an even canvas for styling.4. To achieve a sleek, slicked back look, spray Kenra Hot Spray 20 onto hair before flat ironing.
5. Separate hair into individual 1-2" sections. While working on an individual section of hair, clip all the rest of the hair out of the way.6. Flat iron the entire head working through each section.
Note: For curly or naturally textured hair apply Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray – which also provides thermal protection – and blow dry your hair straight before flat ironing it.
7. Slick hair from the front to the back with a comb and Kenra Volume Mousse 12.8. Continue to comb the hair back while applying Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy 13.
Note: Use Kenra Platinum Working Spray 14 as needed to maintain hold and lock hair into place.
9. Once hair is completely pulled back into the desired shape use a blow dryer to set it and hold it in place.10. Gather your hair at the back of the head into a low ponytail and secure it with a hair friendly elastic.
11. Loop the tail of your ponytail upwards.12. Clip it up towards the top of the head.
13. Secure the base of the ponytail with a barrette or similar type of hair clip.14. Allow the hair to move throughout the ends.
15. Spray Kenra Volume Spray 25 all over the head to set the style.16. For maximum hold apply a much heavier application at the top of the head.