I've always been a fan of Mindy Kaling. I loved her on NBC's The Office and Fox/TV's The Mindy Project.
Her birthday (June 24) is one day after mine. Maybe because we're both Cancers I can totally relate to her outrageous gangsta personality.
Mindy's chin length choppy lob, which she unveiled two weeks ago, was on full display on June 10th at the FYC @UCB Theater. Her new neither long nor short bob was sleek, sexy and edgy.
The multifaceted writer and actress looked spectacular.
The Mindy Project Moves To Hulu
On June 10th Mindy Kaling and the ‘Mindy Project’ Writers talked relationships, role models and what to expect on Season 4 of the series on Hulu.
Although the Mindy Project is leaving Fox, luckily for all her legions of fans, it will live on at Hulu. Fox's loss is Hulu's gain.
Perfect Lob Length
A lob is a chin or shoulder length bob. Mindy's new chop is the perfect lob length.
Her sleek ebony hued hair brushes the top of her shoulders.
Mindy's been spotted rocking her new hair cut infused with lots of sassy texture as well as sleek and shiny.
Hint Of An Ombré Fade Throughout The Edges?
Look closely and you'll see a hint of ombré fade in a light milk chocolate.
Combined with a deep side part and a shiny side-swept fringe the new lob works perfectly with Mindy's heart shaped face.
The new LOB cut softens her jawbone and chin, drawing attention to her beautiful eyes, chiseled cheekbones and gorgeous lips.
Get Mindy's LOB Look:
Mindy's long bob can be adjusted to work with most hair types, textures and face shapes.
It can be styled with or without a fringe, texture studded or sleek. Once you have Mindy's lob, follow the steps below to recreate it:1. Start with clean, dry hair.
2. Using a 1" barrel curling iron.3. Work in 2" x 2" sections of hair. Wind each section of hair around the curling iron.
4. Direct curling iron in alternative directions towards and away from the face in a spiral direction.5. Spray each section of hair with a setting or hairspray before you wrap around the individual sections.
6. Use the setting or hairspray to help preserve the finished texture created with the iron.7. After each section of hair is curled, roll around fingers and pin against the scalp to create a faux roller. This allows the hair to cool and set.
8. Continue working around the head until all of the hair has been sprayed, curled, rolled around the fingers and pinned.9. Once your hair has completely cooled, remove the pins.
10. Gently rake fingers through the curls to deconstruct the style while leaving the texture intact.
11. To create the sleek side part, use a very small amount of sculpting paste. Soften the product between the palms of your hands. Smooth the paste coated fingers through the hair on one side to create a deep part and direct hair back.12. Smooth back the side of your choice. Tuck the side behind the ear, securing underneath with bobby pins.
13. Finish off with a mist of high hold hairspray to set.Summary - Mindy Loves Her Chin Length Choppy Lob
Mindy tweeted about her shortest hairstyle since she appeared on The Office "Short hair don't care. Just a girl in her housedress drinking mini bar vodka, getting ready to go to her book publisher's party. Thanks @cnaselli for the dreamy cut. #thatbridgetjoneslife"
The @cnaselli Mindy thanks for her hot new choppy lob is celeb hairstylist Christopher Naselli. Naselli works his hair magic on Mindy and a long list of other celebrity lovelies from his salon on forty east third street.