One of the trendiest and prettiest red-carpet hairstyles of late is the sassy low tie pony hairstyle.
The hairstyle is based upon shoulder length hair pulled tightly back from the hairline and either worn sleek and stick straight or texturally tousled.
Celebrity Fans Of The Sassy Low Tie Pony Hairstyle
Celeb fans of the sassy low tie pony include Katie Holmes, Amy Adams and IggyAzalea as well as Rihanna who went straight, sleek and sophisticated.
Meanwhile, Katherine Heigl, Jessie J and Eva Longoria have been spotted showcasing texturally tousled sassy low tie pony tresses.
Transition From Smooth Or Tousled
Take your low tie pony to smooth or tousled with a combination of styling products and/or hot tools.
Go sleek with a styling cocktail of equal parts hair gel and light cream. Go sassy with equal parts leave-in conditioner and texture enhancing mousse.
Sassy Low Tie Pony - How To
Follow the steps below to create a a low tie pony:
1. Wet cleanse detangled hair in luke warm water with the best cleaners for your hair type, texture, condition and length.
2. Rinse cleanser completely from hair.3. Apply a rinse out conditioner of your choice.
4. Use fingers or a detangling comb to detangle conditioner treated hair from the ends to the roots. Work in 2" sections around the head.5. When hair is completely detangled, rinse well and finish with a cool water rinse.
6. Towel blot hair to remove excess moisture.7. Apply the appropriate styling cocktail for the finished pony:
A. Apply a combination of equal parts defrisant and/or leave-in condition, hair gel and light cream.B. Go sassy with equal parts leave-in conditioner and texture enhancing mousse.
8. Use a paddle or round boar bristle brush along with a blow dryer with a concentrator attachment.
9. Blow dry hair sleek and bone straight making sure all of the hair is completely dry.10. Create a deep side part.
11. Use fingers or a boar bristle paddle or similar brush to pull hair tightly off the face. Direct hair to the back of the head.12. Once hair is smooth and pulled back, position the base of the pony at the nape of the neck.
13. Secure the pony with a hair friendly elastic in the same color as your hair. If you prefer, you can take a small strand of hair and loop it up and over the pony elastic to cover.
Finish - Sassy Low Tie Pony
14. Follow the texture finishing steps depending upon the desired look:A. For a sleek look, use a flat iron and glide it from the top to the bottom of the ponytail to guarantee a super sleek sophisticated tie back pony.
B. For a texturally tousled, use a curling iron to randomly create light waves throughout the length of the pony.
15. Finish by applying shine enhancing hairspray or similar to the palms of your hands and fingers. Massage together and finger smooth through the finish pony.
16. Bling up the pony by attaching a bejeweled hair clip or ornamental barrette right above the base of the ponytail.Change up the sleek look by pulling hair to one side and adding a simple braid. Or pull the pony up and wrap it around the base and secure for a loose sexy chignon bun.
Summary - Sassy Low Tie Pony
The sassy low tie pony can be worn sleek or naturally textured with waves or curls.Ultimately the hairstyle is simple, but elegant, with a touch of sass.