Jamie King co-starred on The CW's Hart Of Dixie where she played Lemon Breeland and showcased a noteworthy Lemon Bagel Hair Bun.
Beside holding court as Bluebell's alpha socialite, she consistently wore her beautiful lemon blonde hair in a stunning array of pretty ponytails, braids, twists, chignons, updos and buns.
Lemon is also known for wearing an array of hair accessories to show off her various up hairstyles.
Definition Of Lemon Bagel Hair Bun
Lemon Breeland's Lemon Bagel Hair Bun was a highly polished hair chignon shaped like a traditional bagel bun.
It was positioned slightly below her crown after her hair was pulled back from around her face.
A few tousled strands were pulled out on either side of her face.
This bun can be easily created with some backcombing and a foam hair ring or ratt. It can also be created with an instant add-on hair piece pre-formed into a bun.
Step By Step - How To Recreate Lemon Bagel Hair Bun
This bun hairstyle works best on hair which is shoulder length or longer and naturally or temporarily straightened.
If hair isn't long enough naturally to create the bun, it can be enhanced with extensions to create the bun or a clip-in bun can be added.
Start With A Wet Cleanse
1. Start by wet cleansing detangled pre-conditioned hair in lukewarm water. Utilize the best cleansing products and process for your strands such as Conditioner Only Wash (CO-Wash), Diluted Shampoo (DS), Water Only (WO) or a range of shampoo formulations including LoPoo and NoPoo.2. Rinse well and apply a rinse-out conditioner. With the conditioner in your hair use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to detangle strands. Work from the ends to the roots.
3. After detangling rinse well. Finish with a cool or cold water final rinse to seal in moisture and, add shine.4. Carefully squeeze out any excess water with your fingers. Do not rub wet strands. Use a combination of techniques from squeezing out the excess water and then blotting strands with a towel.
5. Towel blot with a thick towel to remove excess moisture. Avoid towels without rough fibers and loops. It's best to wait until hair is no longer dripping before applying styling products.
Apply Styling Cocktail
6. Apply a cocktail of designed styling products including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, a defrisant, styling cream and/or mousse to the middle and ends.
7. Use styling products which work best for your hair type, texture and styling needs. Don't be afraid to layer products to get the most appropriate results.Note: Avoid applying product near the roots which may weigh them down except in the case of adding volume sprays.
You may wish to mix a defrisant products along with your styling product to add texture and block frizz at the same time. It's possible to mix a defrisant with your favorite mousse, glaze or paste for a total solution.
8. Separate hair into 6-8 equal sized sections. The ideal sectioning would include two sections on either side and 4 in the back.9. A fringe is optional. If a fringe is desired, style it at this point. Utilize a long tailed comb create desired side part on either side of your head. Blow dry the fringe before drying the rest of the hair.
10. Combine a boar bristle paddle or round brush along with a blow dryer to dry each of the 6-8 sections straight.11. When hair is completely dry, separate into 6-8 individual sections.
12. Create beautiful body by misting each section with a volumizing formula. Roll each section of the hair on hot rollers.13. Allow rollers to completely cool before removing them one at a time.
Create The Bun
14. Pull hair, except for optional fringe, back into a high ponytail. Secure with a hair friendly elastic.15. Position and pin a circular hair pad in the same color as your hair around the base of the ponytail.
16. Smooth pony tail over the circular hair pad, tuck the ends under and pin securely into place with bobby pins the same color as your hair. This creates the bagel shaped bun.
For more fullness lightly backcomb the pony before smoothing over the hair pad.
17. If a fringe is desired, lightly tease front fringe section. Smooth strands down and softly sweep back low across forehead to create a soft fringe or pull them in strands across the head as Kristen has done.
Optionally this gorgeous updo hairstyle can be created without a fringe. The hairstyle can be modified to work with your specific goals.
18. Finish by using a shine serum or shine spray.
Apply one or two drops of shine serum or shine spray to the palms of your hands. Rub the product into the palms of the hands. Lightly glide your serum infused palms over the top of the hair to add instant shimmer, shine and remove any roughness.
19. If you prefer a high shine, you may wish to spray the finished bun with hairspray. This step adds a soft sheen to the final look. It will also help soften the overall finish.
20. Allow the hair spray or shine products to completely dry before going outside.
There are many options for styling a beautiful Lemon Bagel Hair Bun like Jamie King showcased on Hart of Dixie.
This bun can be adopted to individual face shapes by adding different parts and fringes to modify the finished hairstyle.
It can also be styled closer to the head, deconstructed into loose waves or as more of a topknot than a full blown circular bun.
The beauty of this bun is that it can be shaped and molded until it fits into the proper shape and positioning on the head.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.