Kara on Fox/TV's Red Band Society showcases some of the best high ballet bun hairstyles on television.
The character of Kara, played by Zoe Levin, may be a teen with serious health challenges, but her hairstyles are inspiring and easy to recreate.
In the episode "So Tell Me What You Want" which aired on Wednesday, October 15, 2014, Kara's hair was coiffed into one of the best high ballet bun hairstyles for medium to long hair.
Advantages Of Best High Ballet Bun
Listed below are some of the most common advantages for wearing a best high ballet bun:
1. When worn high on the head, the ballet bun can give you the illusion of being taller.
2. Positioned near the crown of the head, a ballet bun may slenderize some face shapes.3. High ballet buns can be worn by all hair types and textures which are collar bone length hair or longer.
4. Ballet buns can be worn by both women and men of all races as well as by all ages.5. This is a true classic updo bun hairstyle which works for everyday or evening.
6. Whether you wear the bun with parts, bangs or swept up off the forehead, it's very versatile.7. The high ballet bun is positioned near the top of the crown. It can also be modified to be positioned
halfway between the hairline and the crown or between the crown and nape of the neck.8. Once you have the hang of creating a high ballet bun, you can recreate it quickly.9. The ballet bun can be coiffed on newly wet washed, 2nd day or older hair with fantastic results.10. The high buns can be instantly glammed up with an array of hair combs, headbands, hair clips or similar hair accessories.
Step By Step Instructions For Best High Ballet Bun
1. On newly wet washed or Day 2+ completely dry hair, apply dry shampoo or cornstarch mixture of your choice. Use fingers or a boar bristle brush to finger pick out the excess powder. The dry shampoo will give the bun grip and edge.
2. Using a long tail comb, create desired part or fringe if desired.3. Bend over at the waist. Use a 100% boar bristle brush and/or fingers to direct hair into a high ponytail with a base set on the crown. Use a hair friendly elastic to secure the base.
4. Smooth the ponytail with fingers or a brush.5. Spritz fingers and palms of hands with hairspray. Massage together and lightly finger pick the new ponytail.
6. Divide new pony tail into two equal sections. Pin one section out of the way while you work on the first.7. Twist first section of hair into a clockwise hair rope. Secure with an elastic at the bottom.
8. Wrap twisted rope clockwise around the base of the newly formed ponytail.9. Pin with bobby pins pre-sprayed with hairspray for firm hold. Position with wavy side down towards the scalp.
10. Unpin the second section. Twist like the first section. Secure. Wrap and pin.
11. Shake head lightly to test the firmness of the finished bun.12. Glide transparent hairnet with elastic over the top of the bun. Position the elastic at the base of the bun.
13. Pull the hairnet tightly over the bun, tuck the elastic edge under bun and pin securely.14. Spray palms of hands and fingers with hairspray. Lightly glide over the top of the finished bun.
Quick Tips - High Ballet Bun
Either way, this is a favorite hairstyle for anyone with collar bone length hair or longer who wants to quickly wrap and tuck.
Listed below are some other tips you might like to utilize when you create a high ballet bun:
- To create a super sleek finish, use a 1 or 1 1/2" barrel curling iron on hair before wrapping into a ponytail.- Spraying bobby pins with hairspray before gliding them into hair will give them extra grip.
- Two hair combs positioned on opposite sides of each other will give a ballerina bun great hold.- When random hair escapes from around the hairline use a clean toothbrush sprayed with hairspray to smooth and tame.
- Although you don't have to bend over at the waist to create a high bun, it helps in many cases.- The more you back brush, the more volume you'll create for your high ballet bun.
- There is no right or wrong way to create a high ballet bun. Use your fingers to fashion the shape you love best.
Summary - High Ballet Bun
The ballerina bun is a classic g0-to hairstyles which can be whipped up in no time for any hair event.It works equally well or newly wet cleansed or Day 2+ hair. The high ballet bun has no expiration date, because it will always make your hair looks chic and effortless.