Sassy Knotted Bun
It's no coincidence Kim Kardashian's hair was piled high in a sassy knotted bun when she broke the Internet with her cover Paper Magazine.
A knotted bun, whether worn piled up on top of the head like Kim's or knotted and tucked neatly into the nape of the neck, is a stunning hairstyle to behold.
Wella Professionals lead stylist and owner of The Doves salon, Christopher Dove collaborated in the past with Peter Som to create a hair look which was in balance with collection featuring high necklines, volume, and structure.
The finished hair look was simple and sleek, creating a smaller head shape to complement the silhouette of the stunning clothing.
The inspiration for the hair was very strong, yet minimal. The sassy knotted bun designed to showcase the Peter Som designs was sophisticated and bold.
Christopher Dove, Wella Professionals lead stylist explained his inspiration for the Sassy Knotted Bun he created.
He said “I was inspired by Wella’s Echo trend, which is all about the introverted, emotional beauty. I felt that the hair look should not distract from the beautiful and intricate detail of the clothing."
Dove also said "It needed to be simple, sleek, and elegant because that’s the kind of woman who will wear this clothing, but also able to make a bold statement with minimalistic hair and make-up.”
Step By Step - Get The Look - Howto
1. Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to towel blotted hair. This primes hair for a smooth finish.
2. Blow-dry hair straight until completely dry to create a healthy canvas for styling.
3. Separate hair into a straight line part either in the center or a deep side part, depending upon the direction of the natural hair growth.
4. Section hair in the back by pulling the back half of the hair into a tight low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
5. Apply a working hairspray like Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to the surface. Use a finishing brush to smooth the surface of hair so there are no bumps.
6. Twist the ponytail around like a rope. Wrap the roped round the base to create a knotted bun which is secured into place with hairpins.
7. The two pieces in the front of the head and each side needs to be twisted in the direction toward the head. The pieces should then be wrapped around the bun before securing in place, making sure to hide the pin keeping the two pieces in place.
8. To keep the hair really slick and free of fly-a=ways and frizz, rub a small amount of Wella Professionals Sculpt Force Flubber Gel into fingertips.
Apply the Wella Professionals Sculpt Force Flubber Gel to the surface, smoothing down the hair near the part and face framing pieces.
9. For a high-gloss finish, spray about 3-5 pumps of Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray all around the hair.
Credit Info: Hair Styling by: Christopher Dove, Wella Professionals lead stylist and owner of The Doves salonSpecial thanks to MUZE Salon stylists: Cherish Gordon, Abigail Straight, Tony Jiao, Davide Marinelli
Wella Professionals is available in professional salons across North America.For more information, visit www.wella.com.