How To Get The Look
1. Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water with desired cleansing formulation (shampoo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, water only, or a combination of formulas).
2. When appropriate for your hair type and/or texture, after rinsing out your cleansing formula, apply a rinse-out conditioner.
3. Separate hair into individual 2″ sections.
Detangle hair slowly from the ends to roots with fingers, or a wide tooth comb, while hair is saturated with condition.
4. After completely detangling hair, rinse well, finishing with a cool/cold final rinse.
5. Remove excess water with an accordion style gentle finger squeeze.
6. Towel blot hair to remove any additional water.
7. Apply a styling cocktail which may consist of, but not be limited to a defrisant, leave-in conditioner, styling cream and volumizing mousse to slightly damp hair.
8. Blow-dry hair straight until completely dry.
9. Separate hair into a straight line part either down the center or as a deep side part depending on the direction of natural hair growth.
Optionally you can wear a fringe or not.
10. Direct all of the hair towards the back of the head. Separate the back hair into two sections using the top of the earlobes as the dividing line.
11. Clip off the bottom half of the hair while you work on the top half of the hair.
12. Pull the top half of the hair into a ponytail positioned halfway between the nape of the neck and the top of the head. Secure the base with a hair friendly elastic.
13. Apply a styling hairspray to the surface of the palms of your hands. Swipe over the top of the ponytail. Use a finishing brush or fingers to smooth the surface of hair so there are no lumps or bumps.
14. Twist the ponytail into a clockwise direction like a rope. Twist the newly formed rope around the base of the pony to create a knotted bun.
Secure the newly created bun into place with bobby pins. Use fingers to lightly form the bun.
15. Unclip the bottom hair. Direct it into a ponytail. Twist the pony hair into a rope.
Wrap the twisted bottom ponytail hair around the top bun.Secure the wrapped section into place, making sure to hide the pins.
16. To keep the hair really free of flyaways and frizz, rub a small amount gel or styling cream into the fingertips.
Massage styling product together. Apply to the surface of the hair, smoothing down the hair near the part and face framing pieces.
17. For a high-gloss finish, spray about 3-5 pumps of a shine spray in the palms of your hands and massage together.
18. Lightly swipe the glossed palms over the top of your hair.
Summary - Beautiful Bodacious Bun
Bodacious means excellent, admirable or attractive.
Actress Sarah Shahi knows how to showcase a stunning beautiful bodacious bun, but on and off screen.
There's nothing more eye catching than a beautiful bodacious bun which appears to blossom like a flower at the back of the head.