Whether you're glamming up your hair for the Holidays, a wedding or a fun party, an easy updo for a little black dress is always in demand.
An easy updo for a little black dress is even more in demand when it can be styled quickly and easily.
Step By Step - Easy Updo For A Little Black Dress
Listed below are the steps to re-creating an easy updo for a little black dress which is ideal for shoulder length or longer hair which is medium to thick. Hair should be temporarily straightened.
1. Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water with desired cleansing formulation (shampoo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, water only, or a combination of formulas).
2. When appropriate for your hair type and/or texture, after rinsing out your cleansing formula, apply a rinse-out conditioner.
3. Separate hair into individual 2″ sections. Detangle hair slowly from the ends to roots with fingers, or a wide tooth comb, while hair is saturated with condition.
4. After completely detangling hair, rinse well, finishing with a cool/cold final rinse.
5. Remove excess water with an accordion style gentle finger squeeze.
6. Towel blot hair to remove any additional water.
7. Cocktail together a thickening mousse, cream and/or spray. Mix together and apply to damp strands from the roots towards the ends.
Use fingers to distribute completely through strands.
8. From the outside corners of the eyes, make two clean parts with a tail comb or your fingers. Extend the two parts back to meet at the crown. Pin the newly created section out of the way.
Blow-dry the rest of the hair separate from the top section with a medium round brush to create a smooth finish.
9. Pick up the sides of the hair. Gather into a ponytail which has a base positioned at the back of the head right under the crown. Fasten the base of the pony with a hair friendly elastic band. Clean up fly-away strands using a fine tooth tail comb along with a firm holding hairspray.
Note: Never use regular rubber bands to secure ponytails which can damage strands.
10. Unpin the top section of hair. Use a small round boar bristle brush to blow-dry the top of the hair. Concentrate on lifting the roots for maximum volume.
After the top hair is 100% dry, you can back brush the section to add more volume. Smooth down with fingertips.
11. Spray a few pumps of a very light shine spray into the palms of your hands. Massage together. Lightly gloss over all of the hair to smooth and add shine.
12. With your fingers and the blow dryer, gently push the hair up towards the center to create a bump adjacent to the hairline. Use a few pumps of a firm holding hairspray to hold the shape once you have it positioned the way you like.
13. Place X crossed bobby pins down the center of the new top bump. Roll one side of hair up and over to conceal the crossed bobby pins. Fasten the top hair which has been rolled over with invisible bobby pins.
Note: Visualize a loose French twist. Look into the mirror. Adjust the shape which is best for your face. It’s best if it is not too symmetrical. It will look more interesting.
14. Let the rest of the hair cover the first ponytail. Fasten with a couple of bobby pins in the same color as your hair. Gather all the remaining hair and create a single 3 strand braid.
15. Twist the braid up into a chignon style, tuck in the ends and fasten with bobby pins and invisible hair pins.
16. Lock everything in place with the mega hold hairspray of your choice.
Summary - Easy Updo For A Little Black DressWith a little bit of practice this easy updo for a little black dress can be quickly created. Adjust the hairstyle to work best with your hair type, texture and length.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.