Lovely and talented Mía Maestro plays Dr. Nora Martinez, a caring biochemist on the new American vampire horror-drama TV series, The Strain, which premiered on FX on July 13, 2014.
The show is filled with lots of horror, but the good news? There's lots of great episodes where fans can get a great look at gorgeous Mía Maestro hair.
The Strain was created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, based on their novel trilogy of the same name.
Del Toro and Hogan wrote the pilot episode, "Night Zero", which del Toro directed.
A thirteen-episode first season was ordered on November 19, 2013. The pilot episode premiered at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas, in early June 2014.
Beautiful chocolate brunette hued Argentine born Mía Maestro, co-star of FX/TV's hit series, The Strain, is known for her role as Nadia Santos in the television drama Alias.On the big screen she's known as Christina Kahlo in Frida and as Carmen in the Twilight Saga.
Hair Secrets Of Mía Maestro
For The Strain Mía initially wore her long naturally textured milk chocolate hued hair full of soft lush waves. Her hair is usually parted to the side, flowing into a long side-swept fringe.
Mia's hair has subtle light caramel highlights precision placed throughout the edges and around her hairline.
The beautiful actress has worn her hair in a variety of hair lengths and styles for various roles.
On The Strain, her relaxed romantic long wavy hairstyle showcases her beautiful face (oval with square edges), eyes and facial features.
Follow the steps below to copy Mia's stunning long wavy hairstyle:
1. Detangle hair and apply any desired pre-shampoo treatment.2. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a hydrating shampoo or one which is designed for color treated hair.
Note: For chemically damaged or dry hair opt for a conditioner only (CO) or a diluted shampoo cleanser.
3. Rinse well to remove cleanser.4. Apply appropriate rinse-out conditioner.
5. Detangle conditioner treated hair in individual 2" sections with a hair friendly wide tooth comb from the ends to the roots.6. Rinse well and finish with cool to cold water rinse.
1. Towel blow hair to remove all excess moisture or dry off hair roughly using a flat boars bristle paddle style brush until all moisture is gone.2. Apply desired styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, volumizing and/or a styling mousse.
3. Use fingers and/or a hair-friendly detangling comb to detangle strands and make sure all styling products are completely distributed through damp strands.4. Use a long tail comb or fingers to create the desired hair part (center, off-center, side or deep side).
5. Divide hair and clip individual equally sized sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free to style first.
1. Blow dry on medium heat using a concentrator nozzle in combination with a medium round brush. Create volume at the roots leaving the ends straight.
2. Concentrate on lifting the roots to create body and fullness, while using the flick of your wrist and the curvature of the brush to create bend and bounce at the ends.3. If you prefer less volume, keep the root area in the crown flat for a more sleek look.
4. Direct the blow dryer's air nozzle down the hair shaft from the roots to the ends to avoid frizz and for a sleeker shinier look as well as t0 seal each cuticle.5. Touch the hair as little as possible while drying to guarantee hair remains silky and soft.
6. Make sure to control the ends with your brush or even try using your hands to press the dried hair smooth.7. As each section is dry, roll the section into a big loose curl and secure with a clip.
1. Once hair is 100% dry, remove clips from each section and use your 1 inch curling iron to go through tresses section by section adding soft curls the hair.
2. After curling each new section, roll the newly created curl around your fingertips and pin against the scalp to allow the curls to cool and set.
3. Refine slight curls on the surface and around the face.4. Once all of the hair has been curled, pinned and allowed to cool and set, remove the pins.
1. Use your fingers to gently shake out the newly created curls for a soft wavy style.
2. Mist with hairspray for a flexible hold with staying power and enhanced shine.3. Finger pick slightly for a more tousled look.
4. Spray a Texturizing Spray for added texture.5. Finish, with a sprinkle of dry shampoo for separation and shake hair for perfectly textured loose waves.
The Strain is a brand new series on FX. It will be interesting to see how Mia's hairstyles evolve and change along with her role on the series which critics are predicting will be a major hit.
Hairboutique.com including all of its contents and programs, is provided for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice nor is it intended to create any physician-patient relationship. Please remember that this information should not substitute for a visit or a consultation with a .Hairboutique.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.