In September 2012 meteorologist Dylan Dreyer joined NBC News as a Weekend Today weather anchor.
As of 2021 Dylan Dreyer is the co-host of 3rd Hour of TODAY as well as the weather anchor and meteorologist of NBC News’ Weekend TODAY.
She also appears on Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist.
Dreyer regularly serves as a weekday weather correspondent and regular co-host for TODAY and Nightly News with Lester Holt.
Throughout the years, Dreyer has reported live for NBC News from some of history’s worst storms.
These storms included Hurricane Harvey, Boston’s record-breaking snowfall in 2015 and the North American polar vortex of 2014
She was also a part of the network’s extensive coverage of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
During all of this time Dylan has rocked her iconic bob.
While Dylan provides Today and MSNBC viewers with details on the weather across the United States, she also offers fabulous views of her picture perfect bob hairstyle.
Dylan's honey blonde chin-length bob is so perfectly sculpted and finished it literally shimmers under the studio's lights.
One of the great advantages to a bob hairstyle is how much versatility it offers to anyone who wears it. Dylan is always slightly changing up her sleekly styled straight bob.
Over the years the NBC co-anchor has added a sassy side-swept fringe, changed the part from side to center and added waves or other slight texture.
The fan favorite has also periodically amped up her healthy honey blonde base with lighter, brighter buttery blonde highlights.
Dylan has that very special sassy edge to her no-nonsense weather reporting which works in perfect harmony with her always stunning bob hairstyles.
Follow the steps below to re-create Dylan's Picture Perfect Bob Hairstyle which is always sleek, shiny and frizz-free.
1. Start with a bob haircut created by a hair professional. A great bob hair cut consists of precision cut blunt lines which allow strands to cascade perfectly from the roots.
2. Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water. Use the best formulas for your hair type, texture and current condition.
If your hair is dry, naturally textured or damaged, consider utilizing a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), No Poo or Low Poo formula.
For bleached, color treated, or chemically altered hair utilize a hydrating formulation.
3. Rinse all shampoo from the hair completely.
4. Gently accordion squeeze to remove excess water and avoid diluting conditioner.
5. Apply desired rinse-out conditioner from the the ear lobes down to the ends.
6. Detangle in small sections with wide tooth detailing comb with smooth teeth or with fingers.
7. Allow conditioner to soak into strands for the desired amount of time. Rinse completely with lukewarm water.
8. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to seal the cuticle, reduce frizz and increase shine.
9. Use a micro fiber towel or 100% cotton cloth to blot excess moisture from the hair.
Avoid ruffling, rubbing, crunching or fluffing delicate damp strands to avoid damaging fragile strands.
10. Apply a leave-in styling cocktail from either the roots or earlobes down to the ends.
As a result, your cocktail may include, but not be limited to, a defrisant, leave-in conditioner and various styling products (mousse, gel, styling creams or similar).
11. Make sure your products have heat protection. If not, apply 1-2 drops of a heat protectant at the ends to strands.
12. Add volume to the roots by applying a root lifting product right after applying any styling cocktail
13. Use a long tail comb to create desired part and/or separate out a desired fringe.
14. Dry the fringe with fingers or a round boar brush.
15. Separate hair into 1" or similar sized sections. It's best to divide and conquer for best blow drying results.
16. Use a 100% round or flat paddle or styling boar bristle brush combined with a blow dryer to achieve a sleek straight finish.
Work in individual sections around the entire head.
Direct air flow down the hair shaft from the roots to the ends.
Note: If your hair is stick straight, you have the option to air dry and then lightly straighten with a small flat iron or similar.
Or use a curling wand or iron to add a slightly wavy texture like Dylan has done in the image above.
17. Roll the ends slightly under the brush around the edges of the hairstyle.
18. When hair is 100% dry, use a small barrel flat iron to create additional sleekness and remove bends or kinks.
Run the iron over the entire head a few times until the desired sleekness has been created.
19. Finish with 1-2 drops of shine serum massaged into the hands and brushed over the top of the finished hairstyle.
Optionally you may prefer to use your fingers to rake through all the hair from the top of the earlobes down to the ends.
Shine serum and/or spray can may also added at the end. Remember, a little bit goes a long way to a shiny bouncing bob. Avoid applying shine or other serums directly to the roots.
If you wish, you may embellish your finished hairstyle with small crystal encrusted hair clip, bobbies or other accessories pinned on one side or along the perimeter.
Add a skinny headband to dress up your sleek and sassy bob or to hold a long fringe back off your face.
Dylan Dreyer's picture perfect bob hairstyle is a cute and trendy hair style.
It can be cut to fit any hair type, texture or condition.One of the great advantages to a picture perfect bob hairstyle like Dylan's is versatility.
Bob hairstyles can easily be changed up whenever hair boredom sets in.
A bob like Dylan's works for all hair types and age ranges. This hairstyle can be glammed up with highlights, low lights and an array of different hair accessories.Be creative, have fun and your hair will look amazing just like Dylan's.