Hackney songbird Paloma Faith (Blomfield) performed on NBC's Today Show on Monday, December 3rd.
The British singer-songwriter and actress is almost as famous for her avant garde hair colors, hairstyles and hair accessories as her amazing talent. This blog explores Paloma Faith Avant Garde Hair How To details.
Her 2009 debut single "Stone Cold Sober" and debut album, Do You Want the Truth of Something Beautiful?, were certified Platinum by the British Phonographic Industry.
A lustry Leo (born July 21, 1985) who admires another famous lioness, Mae West, Paloma thrills fans and hair aficionados with a dizzying array of vintage inspired hairstyles.
Since first bursting onto the music scene Paloma's noteworthy hairstyles have included big bodacious beehives, fanciful finger waves, victory rolls and big barrel curled updos.
Taking her eye popping, mind dropping hairstyles to new heights are her accompanying hair accessories.
Paloma is often seen with huge hair bows, crystal encrusted hair clips and headbands as well as over sized hair flowers. The quirky Brit wins kudos for adding a modern infusion to traditional hairstyles.
From Vibrant Red To Two Tone Copper And Platinum
Although Paloma is most often seen with vibrant shades of red hair, she's known to mix it up by going with multiple mix and match hair hues.
For her recent appearance on the Today Show the adorable singer rocked a copper red base color highlighted with prominent blocks of white platinum blonde.
The white blonde blocks of hair color were interwoven throughout an array of big bodacious barrel curls positioned along the top of her head and the hairline roll.
The entire hairstyle was embellished with crystal encrusted hair clips positioned in a semi-circle along one side of the vintage inspired updo.
Paloma Faith Avant Garde Hair How To - Step By Step
This hairstyle is perfect for glam nights out on the town or other dressy hair events. It’s a super easy hairstyle to create and once you get the hang of it you may adopt it as your new trademark hairstyle.
Follow the steps below to copy Paloma Faith's Avant Garde Hair from her recent Today Show appearance:
1. Start by cleansing detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add moisture and to treat colored and/or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
You may prefer to utilize an alternative cleansing method such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only Wash, (COW), Water Only (WO) or Low Poo.
2. After cleansing, rinse hair well. Apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the product on the areas of the hair which are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner which is allowed to soak down into the hair's shaft.
Detangle hair in sections working from the ends up to the roots. When finished, rinse well.
3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. Many stars are huge fans of Phytodefrisant.
5. For fullness, lift and volume throughout the crown, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends.
6. Separate strands into 1" to 2 1/2" sections and blow dry with a boar's bristle round or paddle brush. Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots.
Use the brush to turn the ends under around the edges and slightly in towards the neck as you dry.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
7. When hair is completely dry, separate hair into individual 1 1/2" sections.
Use large hot rollers to set the entire head in loose barrel curls set in an alternating directional pattern. Allow hair to completely cool before removing curlers.
8. Using a boar bristle brush and fingers, gently brush through newly formed curls to loosen slightly.
9. Apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add a great shimmer.
10. Take the front section of hair adjacent to the hairline. Spray it with hairspray. Take a boar bristle paddle brush and backcomb the section to add fullness. Once hair is backcombed to the desired fullness, smooth with fingers.
11.Roll the section around your fingers to form a hairline roll. Pin the finished roll in place. For a fuller shape consider rolling the hair around a hair ratt or foam shape.
12. Repeat the process of back brushing individual sections of hair along the top of the head. Form barrel curls and pin into place. Continue to sculpt barrel curls until all of the hair has been used.
13. Use fingers to gently shape and sculpt the finished updo.
14. Finish with a spray of medium to firm holding hairspray. When desired, add a large array of crystal encrusted hair clips or pins.
If you prefer you can use a large hair flower instead.
Summary - Paloma Faith Avant Garde Hair How To
Originally primed for a dancing career, Paloma found herself moving in more unusual circles, including a stint as a life model, a magician's assistant and a singer in a burlesque cabaret.
Paloma Faith released her debut single Stone Cold Sober in 2009 and had instant success in the charts with her album, Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?
She has also appeared in the various TV shows and the Terry Gilliam movie, The Imagination of Dr Parnassus.
Faith recently released her second album, Fall To Grace. The album was preceded by the single "Picking Up the Pieces" which became Faith's highest charting single to date.One is certain when it comes to Faith Paloma. She will continue to thrill fans not only with her amazing voice but her ever changing array of hair colors and vintage inspired hairstyles.