Emma Stone's Polished Updo - How To
Emma Stone stepped out in style at the 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards® (SAGs) with a flirty updo, styled using Wella Professionals!
The beautiful redhead's long time hair stylist, Mara Roszak, provided her secret hairstyling tips on how you can create these star-worthy styles at home.
Mara explained “Emma’s dress was my inspiration. I wanted to create a smooth, polished up-do with a bit of a modern 50's feel.”
Emma Stone rocked a little black dress which was simple, but sexy. She went quirky in a three-quarter-length strapless black dress with stunning lace details. "The Help" star played up the fun aspect of the Alexander McQueen design with platform shoe which showed off her sexy legs.
The hairstyle Roszak crafted was fun, fresh, flirty and showed off Emma's gorgeous skin tone, eyes and lips by framing with a sleek side-swept panel of hair along one side.
1. Start by cleansing detangled hair in lukewarm with desired products and methodology. If your hair is red like Emma's it requires tender loving care (TLC). You may wish to cleanse hair with a color safe formula or by utilizing a Diluted Shampoo (DS) formulation, a conditioner only wash (CoWash) or a low or no poo cleanse.
2. Rinse hair well and then apply a rinse-out conditioner from the top of the ears down to the ends. Separate hair into horizontal sections and detangle hair from the ends to the roots with a wide tooth comb or fingers.
3. Once hair is completely detangled rinse well with lukewarm water. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to close the cuticles and add shine.
4. Towel blot hair to remove excess water.
5. Apply the desired styling cocktail to your wet strands. Your styling cocktail may include, but not be limited to a defrisant, leave-in conditioner, mousse or styling cream.
6. Part hair to the side. Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to wet hair,
7. Separate hair into 2-3" horizontal sections and blow dry with a round boar bristle or paddle brush to create a smooth finish.
8. Once hair is completely dry, add a pump of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish to hands. Apply the Polish lightly to hair, starting at the ends, to smooth out any fly-a-ways.
9. Use a teasing brush. Separate out some of the crown hair. Tease the crown to add a little height
10. Once the crown area has been teased to the desired height pull all of the hair into mid-height ponytail.
11. Twist the ponytail wrapping it into a bun.
12. Secure the bun with bobby pins in the same hue as the current hair color.
13. Finish by spraying hair all over with Wella Professionals Stay Firm hairspray.
Although Emma has transitioned through a range of hair colors from platinum to her current luscious red, her hair looks healthy and shiny.Emma's hair style can be re-created on any type, texture or color of hair, but to achieve the updo, the hair needs to be shoulder-length or longer. If hair is naturally textured it may work best when dried straight to make it easier to twist into a bun like Emma's.