Hairstyles In 5 Minutes Or Less For The Holidays
Holiday parties are right around the corner but after thinking about what to wear and the best gifts to bring, having a fab hairstyle may be the last thing on your mind.
There's no reason you have to spend a lot of time chained to your blow dryer and hot irons. You don't even have to worry about having newly cleansed hair. Second day hair is perfect for all the hairstyles provided.
Listed below are 5 easy hairstyles in 5 minutes or less for the Holidays:
#1 - Finger Picked Glam Headband Hairstyle
Charlize Theron shows off a gorgeous Red Carpet hairstyle which could be easy to copy for any Holiday event on hair of any type, length, texture or hue.
The reason? A key part of this hairstyle is the glam headband which is strategically positioned to add sleekness adjacent to the hairline but build slight volume throughout the crown and back.
All of these hairstyles can be created on newly cleansed and dried hair or on second day.
Follow the steps below to copy:
1. Add a dime sized dab of lightweight styling cream or light styling foam or mousse to the palms of your hands and fingers. Rake through dry hair distributing well. If you prefer use a tiny dab of styling wax.2. Use fingers to pull hair back loosely from face. Glide on any headband you desire with teeth (any size from small to large) and position headband a few inches back from hairline and gently push to add lift of hair towards crown. The teeth will help hold the top hair and push back into the crown
3. For more height lift a few strands behind the headband and back comb lightly. Smooth down with fingers and finish with a light spritz of hair spray.
If you'd like to add shine apply 1-2 drops of shine serum or a spritz of shine spray to the palms of your hands, massage together and then glide the palms of your hands over the top of your hairstyle.
#2 - Messy Glam Side Braided Hairstyle
This hairstyle can be created on any type or texture of hair which has been ironed or styled straight. Ideally hair should either be long or enhanced with clip-in or fusion hair. The style looks best when the braid extends towards the waist.
Follow the steps below to copy:
On newly cleansed and dry hair, or second day hair use fingers or a 100% boar bristle brush too direct all of the hair to one side.
1. Create a deep side part then direct all the top and hair around the hairline over to one side. Pull all of the rest of the hair to one side over one shoulder.2. Put your fingers into the hair along the top and throughout the side. Gather up large sections and tease to create sexy volume. Use fingers to smooth newly teased hair down. For exact texture use a tiny dab of styling wax.
3. Start to braid the hair over the shoulder. Begin a three strand loose braid right at the top of the shoulder leaving the hair from the part loose and tousled. Braid all of the hair until the ends. Secure the braid with a Blax, Bungee or other similar hair elastic in the same color as your hair.4. Once the braid has been created use your fingers to gently loosen the braid to create a tousled, sassy feel. Tousle the hair along the side.
5. Finish with a spritz of shine enhancing hairspray or swipe shine serum infused palms of your hands over the top of the look.
#3 - Glam Sleek Side Pony Hairstyle
An alternative hairstyle to #2 is to flat iron hair until it is perfectly straight and sleek. Create a center part, brush hair behind the ears and then pull into a back side pony. Pull the pony over one side and over the shoulder in a sleek curtain.
#4 - Softly Tousled Wavy Hairstyle
If you're looking for a softer or more tousled hairstyle follow the steps below on either newly cleansed and dried hair or second day hair. If you don't have time to cleanse your hair you can use a dry shampoo to add texture and remove any oils.
1. Detangle hair.2. Create an off center side part using fingers or a wide tooth comb.
3. Add a dime sized dab of lightweight styling cream or light styling foam or mousse to the palms of your hands and fingers. Rake through dry hair distributing well. If you prefer use a tiny dab of styling wax.
4. Separate hair into 2" horizontal sections. Use a 1 1/2" to 2" wide barrel curling iron. Wrap each section around the iron in a ringlet formation. Unwrap each section and re-roll with fingers and pin against the scalp.5. Right before leaving the house for your Holiday party unpin each section and lightly tousle with fingers.
6. Finish with a light spritz of spritz of shine spray.
Holiday hairstyles don't have to be a time consuming event. Sleek and sexy ponytails are always in fashion whether worn high at the crown or down and over one shoulder. Messy ballerina style buns are also a perfect option whether positioned at your crown, in the middle of the head and near the nape of the neck like the one to the side.
When hair is short or medium length then change the texture by going sleek and smooth or tousling to create a rough finish.One way to always glam up any hairstyle of any length, type or texture is to slide on a glam headband, crystal encrusted barrette, hair pin or pony clasp.