Amy Carlson Hair How To
Amy Lynn Carlson (born July 7, 1968, in Glen Ellyn, Illinois) currently plays the strong, outspoken Linda Reagan on the hit CBS drama series, Blue Bloods. Although Amy has legions of fans from her days as Josie Watts on Another World and Alex Taylor on Third Watch, she was also popular in the role of Kelly Gaffney on NBC's Law & Order: Trial by Jury.
Blue Bloods is in its second season. Although Amy's role as Linda Carlson was initially a recurring role, she has been promoted to a series regular for season two.
Amy is known for her edgy hairstyles. In her current role as Linda Reagan her hair color, length and style is perfect. As the wife of a prominent police detective and daughter-in-law of the New York Police Commissioner, she has to look chic and polished. She's also a busy mother of two children.
Her hair has to fit not only with her role as a wife and mother, but with the idea that the Danny Reagan family is not rolling in the dough. So the police detective's wife keeps her hair looking sleek, smooth and polished without being over-the-top.
As Mrs. Danny Reagan (Donnie Wahlberg) Linda's hair color base is a beautiful shade of New York wheat blonde with beautifully layered golden blonde low lights with platinum blonde highlights. Her medium length hairstyle barely grazes the top of her shoulders and is framed by a side swept fringe directed from a side part and softly layered sides.
Amy's hair doesn't fit into a classic bob hairstyle category. If anything it could pass for an updated elegant version of a shag. How To Style
This hairstyle works best with hair which is naturally straight or slightly wavy and is medium thick. The best length for this hair is chin length or just slightly longer. To keep the profile the hair should not be longer than shoulder length.
If you're a great candidate for this hair style, work with your hair professional to create the stunning hair color and the beautiful cut.
Follow the steps below to style:
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with a custom formulation designed for your individual hair type, texture and condition. You may wish to do a Diluted Shampoo (DS) wash, a Conditioner Only Wash (CO Wash), a Water Only (WO) wash or a low or no poo cleanse. Utilize a product which will protect and maintain your beautiful hair color.2. Rinse shampoo or alternative cleansing formula from hair. Gently squeeze out excess water with fingers in an accordion style.
3. Apply rinse-out conditioner like with good slip to wet strands from top of ears down to the ends (avoid the roots). Use fingers or a hair friendly wide-tooth comb to detangle individual 2" horizontal sections.
4. After hair is completely detangled rinse well and finish with a cool or cold wash. This helps to add shine and close the hair cuticle.5. Towel blot hair to remove excess water. Do not rub hair. Leave hair damp.
6. Apply styling cocktail consisting of a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and a volume enhancing whipped mouse. Be sure to distribute styling cocktail with fingers or wide tooth comb for even coverage through hair.7. Rough dry the hair with hands until hair is approximately 70% dry. Apply a root lift product like Phyto Volume Active to the roots. This helps blow roots up. Lightly mist the root lift throughout entire strand.
8. Section all of the hair into individual horizontal sections for control.9. Beginning at the nape of the neck, blow-dry hair using horizontal sub-sections with a large round brush. Lift individual sections of hair for volume. Dry the entire back section. Repeat at sides blending hair with the back.
10. Finish drying the top and front of the hair. For additional volume at the top, direct heat at root area and use on base placement.11. When hair is completely dry, gently use your fingers to separate the hair and spray with volumizing hairspray. 12. To remove any kinks run a 1 1/2" flat iron through strands. To add waves or blow up texture use a curling iron on random strands.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.