Since she burst onto the scene as the sexy, edgy and striking lead singer with the Black Eyed Peas, Fergie has worn a dizzying array of hairstyles from very long to short with every type of texture and every hue.
Fergie recently showed off a soft yet sassy 40s inspired hairstyle at the introduction of the Spring 2011 Fergie Footwear Collection at Macy's New York.
The beautiful singer's hair cascaded below-the-shoulders in loose beach style waves. A 40s style long side-swept wave covered one eye in a peekaboo fashion.
Her hair color was striking. Her base color was a rich light toffee with an array of rich contrasting white chocolate highlights. Intermingled with the beautiful base and the highlights were hints of light chocolate and caramel.
I have to save that Fergie's hair color and hairstyle from her Macy's shoe collection appearance is one of my favorites to date. Her hair hue complements her eyes, skin tone and lips.
The side-parted hairstyle with the 40s inspiration is perfect for her face shape which is a combo of square and heart shaped. The soft, beautiful waves hugging her face off the strong side part sealed the 40’s vibe.
How To Create Fergie's 40s Inspired Hairstyle
It's important to have the side-swept fringe since the signature of Fergie's 40s hairstyle is the full sweep of peek-a-boo hair.
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with hair products and methodology most compatible with your hair type, texture, length and current condition.2. Rinse well, apply rinse-out conditioner and detangle in the shower with fingers or wide tooth comb. Rinse well and finish with a cool or cold water rinse.
3. Towel blot and apply desired styling cocktail include, but not limited to, leave-in conditioner, defrisant and/or curl or wave enhancing cream.4. Spray a volumizing spray onto the towel blotted damp tresses.
5. Separate hair into 8 equal horizontal sections.6. Use a large round boar bristle brush, blow-out hair using a hair dryer to create volume.
7. When hair is 100% dry separate hair into 2: sections. Curl individual sections with a 1 ½ inch curling iron, creating a spiral effect.8. After each section is curled re-roll the curls and pin to the scalp to allow hair to dry and set.
9. Over-direct the side-swept fringe to create a sleek, smooth, flat finish.10. Unpin the curls and use a boar bristle paddle brush to deconstruct curls.
11. Finish with a flexible hold hairspray.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.