The popular Lifetime Show just started Season Three. April, who's a natural redhead wears her long hair baby blonde in her role as Stacy. Her base is a light golden blonde with platinum blonde highlights and darker golden low lights.
Before snagging the role of Stacy Barrett the beautiful April played Kimberlin/Kandi, Alan's dim witted girlfriend and ex-wife on the CBS' series Two and a Half Men. She snagged her major role as Kimberline/Kandi within months of her first Hollywood audition after studying drama with Ivana Chubbuck.
April has appeared on many TV series including CSI, CSI: NY, How I Met Your Mother, Psych and Kath & Kim.
Is It A Wig Or Not?
Although April's hair is a beautiful shade of baby blonde for her role as Stacy, her natural hair color is red and when she's not appearing on Dropdead Diva she wears her hair darker. Is she wearing a blonde wig for her role on ""Drop Dead Diva" or does she dye her hair for the role?April Bowlby Long Blonde How To Hairstyle - Step By Step
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a product designed for your hair type, texture, length and current condition. If your hair is chemically treated, color, highlighted or low -lighted, you may wish to deploy a moisture enhancing cleansing formula such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Low Poo, Conditioner Only (CO), No Poo, Water Only (WO) or a combination.2. After cleansing, rinse hair well, and apply a rinse-out conditioner from the ears from the ends of the hair. Once rinse-out conditioner is applied detangle hair in the shower using fingers or wide tooth comb.
3. Rinse out leave-in conditioner and then finish with a cool or cold water rinse.4. Towel blot with a hair friendly towel.
5. Apply leave-in styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, detangler and/or defrisant product.6. To guarantee super straight tresses apply a straightening balm or similar.
7. Separate hair into 8-10 horizontal sections. Work on only one section at a time.8. Blow dry hair with a boar bristle paddle brush to encourage the sleek strands. Use a round brush to add volume and bend.
11. Once each section is hot ironed roll the newly straightened section loosely around your fingers into a loose barrel style curl and pin it loosely to to your scalp to cool and set. Work around the rest of the head curling and pinning all the sections.12. After hair is ironed and pinned to the scalp, spritz all of the invisible pinned rollers with a light hold hairspray.
13. Once hair has completely cooled and set, unpin each invisible hair rollers.14. Bend over at waist and gently shake. Use fingers to pick and fluff. If you wish to brush use a boar bristle paddle brush to lightly arrange strands.
15. If you wish you can apply 1-2 shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage them together. Lightly brush your serum infused hands over the top of your finished style.16. For extra glam add a shimmering headband or hair clip.
Optionally if you prefer more bend and fullness use a round brush to blow dry and after flat ironing hair use a 1 1/2" curling iron and work it through individual 2" sections to add curve and loose waves.
If you haven't seen April in the role of Stacy on "Drop Dead Diva" you're missing a great performance. She's delightful as the sweet, funny, quirky dumb blonde who has a heart of gold and some amazing insights into life. In fact, it's always fun when Stacy saves the day with her surprising suggestions.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.