Vanessa Joy Minnillo (born November 9, 1980 in Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines) is an American television personality, television host, model, and actress. Her father is an American with Italian and Irish descent and her mother is a Filipina.
The former Miss South Carolina Teen USA, Miss Congeniality and Miss Teen USA 1998 (first from South Carolina) has stunning hair which she wears long, lush, silky and shiny.
Her base hair color is a rich milk chocolate. Intricately placed highlights and low lights are interwoven around the hairline and throughout the interior to create rich dimension, natural movement and volume.
Vanessa mixes up her hairstyles from bone straight to infused with lush beachy style waves. Although she sometimes wears updos, twists and chignons, she looks spectacular when her hair is won cascading down past her shoulders.
HostingVanessa wisely utilized her pageant wins as a springboard to a hosting gig on MTV's Total Request Live (TRL) from 2003 to 2007. She also became a New York City correspondent for Entertainment Tonight in 2005.
The beauty also hosted Miss Teen USA (2004) and co-hosted Miss Universe (2007). Minnillo was a finalist in E!'s competition to replace Brooke Burke as host of Wild On. In May 2006, Maxim magazine ranked Minnillo #15 in its annual Hot 100 issue.
She has been featured on the covers of Maxim (October 2005, October 2006), Shape (March 2007), and Lucky (July 2007).
Personal lifeAfter meeting Nick Lachey and starring in his music video "What's Left Of Me", the pair dated for nearly three years. Minnillo's publicist confirmed the couple's split in June 2009. In the fall of 2009 it was announced they had reconciled.
In November 2010, they announced their engagement. Their wedding is scheduled to happen any day and it will be broadcast on TLC later in the year.
How To Style Vanessa's Beachy Waves - Step By Step
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a product designed for your hair type, texture, length and current condition. If you hair is chemically treated, color, highlighted or lowlighted, you may wish to deploy a moisture enhancing cleansing formula such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Low Poo, Conditioner Only (CO), No Poo, Water Only (WO) or a combination.2. After cleansing rinse hair well and apply a rinse-out conditioner from the ears from the ends of the hair. Once rinse-out conditioner is applied detangle hair in the shower using fingers or wide tooth comb.
3. Rinse out leave-in conditioner and then finish with a cool or cold water rinse.4. Towel blot with a hair friendly towel.
5. Apply leave-in styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, detangler and/or defrisant product.6. To amp up beachy waves apply a volumizing mousse or a curl enhancing cream (or gel for fine hair).
7. Separate hair into 8-10 horizontal sections. Work on only one section at a time.8. Blow dry hair with a round boar bristle brush to encourage volume and bend.
9. After hair is dry pick part hair down the center with a long tail comb using a zig-zag part.10. Use a 1-inch curling iron wrap individual on 2" sections of hair away from your face starting about 1/4 of the length off the root as to not create lift.
11. Once each section is hot ironed roll the newly curled section around your fingers and pin to your scalp. Work around the head curling and pinning all the sections.12. After hair is curled and pinned to the scalp spritz all of the curls with a light hold hairspray.
13. Once hair has completely cooled and set, unpin each invisible hair rollers.14. Bend over at waist and gently shake. Gently pull curls apart and finger pick and fluff. To deconstruct curls further brush lightly with a boar bristle paddle style brush.
15. If you wish you can apply 1-2 shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage them together. Lightly brush your serum infused hands over the top of your finished curls.16. For extra glam add a shimmering headband or hair clip.
Reality Wedding Part IIVanessa and her future husband, Nick Lachey, have agreed to share their big day with the masses on TLC.
When interviewed the groom-to-be says the decision to share their big day with the masses didn't come easily. Afterall, he shared his first wedding and honeymoon period with ex-wife Jessica Simpson. That reality TV journey did not turn out well as he and Simpson eventually divorced.
"We kind of wrestled with that for a while, for obvious reasons," Lachey told reporters during his recent bachelor party at TAO in Las Vegas. "Having done reality TV in the past, I didn't necessarily want to jump right back into it without having thought it through to great length, and we did."
One of the key reasons Lachey, 37, was OK with the cameras? He said they won't be there for long.
"It's a one-off special; a chance to kind of have a great experience and a great moment in our lives documented on TV, and also for us, to have a great wedding video at the end of it," Lachey says of their TLC wedding special, to be broadcast shortly after the couple swaps vows.
Lachey famously allowed reality cameras to document his first wedding -- and the honeymoon phase -- with Jessica Simpson.
"I would never want to put ourselves through a reality show again," Lachey confirmed. "This is a different process: There's a beginning, an end, and then it's over, it's done." In the meantime, Lachey cautions fans not to expect a wedding to rival Prince William and Duchess Kate's.
"[Our wedding is] for us, for the people in our lives who are close to us and mean a lot to us. That's the way we wanted it, and I'm happy we're able to do it that way."
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.