Florence Welch of Florence And The Machine fame has a soaring high-energy voice. A 2010 Grammy nominee for Best New Artist, Florence and her Machine are spectacular in concert. Florence is almost as famous for her vibrant tomato-red wavy hair as she is for her stunning vocals.
Florence wears her naturally wavy hair so that is softy skims the tops of her shoulders. Historically she wears her shoulder-length hair with a full fringe dotted with loose waves. Her fringe curves under her eyebrows. She alters her part from center to one side.
Her tomato red hair has a rich copper red base which is highlighted and lowlighted to add depth, dimension and movement.
How To Hairstyles: Step by Step
Florence's naturally wavy hairstyle works best for hair which is shoulder length or longer and is either naturally wavy or has loose curls. This hair style can also be adjusted for straight strands or hair which is more tightly textured. Ultimately you should experiment to find the best look for your hair.1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with products designed for your hair type, texture, length and condition. Use your own custom cleansing system from shampoo, low poo, diluted shampoo (DS), conditioner only (CO), no poo or water only (WO). If you have colored hair with highlights and/or low lights like Florence be sure to use a hair color friendly system and products.2. Apply rinse-out conditioner in the shower and detangle from the ends up to the roots using a wide tooth comb or your fingers.
3. Rinse well and finish with a cool or cold water rinse to amp up shine and shimmer.4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
5. Apply desired styling cocktail ranging from leave-in conditioner, defrisant, mousse, straightening balm or similar.6. Separate fringe hair and clip all the rest of the hair up and out of the way. Blow dry around a round brush to achieve soft full lift over the eyebrows.
7. Once fringe is finished, separate hair into 6-8 individual horizontal sections. Work on the rest of the hair one section at a time with a long finger diffuser to encourage the formation of natural waves. Allow hair to nestle into the base of the diffuser.8. Once each section is dry twist the hair around your fingers to form an invisible ringlet curler. Pin to the back of the scalp and allow the section to continue to set and dry while you work on the rest of the hair.
9. When hair is completely dry and set unpin each section.10. If you desire more waves then use a 1 1/2" barrel curling iron. Wrap each section around the iron to form a ringlet.
11. Release iron and let each newly formed ringlet dangle while it cools.12. Once all of the hair has desired texture, use fingers to gently tousle to your desired texture.
13. Finish with firm holding hairspray or similar.14. Apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage well. Glide your hands over the top of your finished hairstyle.
This hairstyle can be modified to work without a fringe or by adding clip-in or fusion hair before creating the finished style to add more volume, weight and texture.
If you love this style but don't have hair which is long enough, don't wish to braid or tousle, check out the beautiful clip-on styles from the amazing people at WigSuperstore.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.