Follow the tips below to stay cool this summer for a great night's slumber:
1. Turn off all electrical appliances before turning into bed. They encourage heat. This includes TVs, computers, cell phones, iPads or similar.
2. Cool your body down after a day at the beach, the pool or in the sun by taking a cool (or cold) shower or bath before bed. If you don't want to wash your hair, wrap in in towel rather than a shower or plastic cap which traps heat and may cause sweat to form on the hair and scalp.
A thick towel wrapped in a turban around your head will blot out all moisture and keep scalp and hair cool and dry.
3. Opt for applying a few drops of your favorite relaxing aromatherapy oil like lavender on your wrists and around your hairline before turning in. This will keep your scalp and hair cool and allow you to sleep soundly.
4. Keep a pitcher of ice water near the bed to refresh yourself during the night if you get thirsty, without having to leave your bedroom. For an extra treat consider adding a few slices of fresh lemon or lime.
5. Switch to a silk pillow case. Compared to cotton or flannel pillowcases, which can get hot and uncomfortable during the night, silk pillow covers are a cool alternative for the one area that creates the most heat- your head.
The satiny smooth surface of a silk pillow case lets hair and skin slip and slide as you toss and turn, preventing against knotty, tangled hair and creases in the skin.
[amazon-product text="Silver 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase" type="text"]B0040UU43Y[/amazon-product]
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.