“We played with various movement from soft waves, curled-under ends, mixed textures and crimped areas. Try mixing textures such as curls with straighter ends or straighter with curled ends,” says Doughty.
Doughty and McCarthy provided the detailed steps of how to recreate this extreme hair textured updo.
Step By Step How To
This sassy hairstyle can be created on second day hair or on newly cleansed hair which has been prepped with a leave-in styling cocktail and blow dried straight.
1. Prep hair while damp with Paul Mitchell Thicken Up® added to increase texture and body.
2. Blow-dry with a 100% boar bristle paddle brush to smooth the cuticle.
3. When hair is 100% dry crimp it to add more texture after applying Paul Mitchell Hold Me Tight Finishing Spray® to each strand.
4. Part hair in the center and then tuck up rest o f hair and pin into place to create a different balance. Backcomb if desired for added texture.
5. Finish with Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Finishing Spray™.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.