Pauley Perrette plays goth inspired raven haired Abby Sciuto on TV's NCIS.
Besides sleeping in a coffin, Abby's twisted mini buns are creative, cool and incredibly chic.
Abby's twisted mini buns can be worn by anyone with hair long enough to wrap up into a bun. It can be worn with a full fringe like Abby or without for a different take on the hairstyle.
If your own hair isn't long enough, you can do a mini bun hack with clip in or fusion strands.
Mini Bun Positioning
The fabulous mini buns can be positioned side by side at the back of the crown.
Or they can be worn near the front of the hairline as a single mini bun.
Be creative and design your own unique mini bun hairstyle to make you stand out in a crown.
Abby, who's been described by NCIS' Anthony DiNozzo as "a paradox wrapped in an oxymoron smothered in contradictions in terms" wears her mini bun straight or pre-braided.
Abby's Twisted Mini Buns - Step By Step - How To
Follow the steps below to create your very own Abby Twisted Mini Buns:
Hair Styling Tools
Have the following hair styling tools available to re-create Abby's buns:
- Preferred styling cocktail (Leave-in Conditioner, styling cream and/or mousse)- Sea Salt Setting/Styling Spray
- 100% Boar Bristle Brush (Mason Pearson or similar)- Hair Friendly Hair Elastics (Blax or similar)
- Traditional Bobby Pins
Open ended French Style Hair Pins
Step By Step - How To Style
1. On newly wet cleansed hair which has been towel blotted, apply your styling cocktail of choice.
2. Add a sea salt styling spray as the final hair cock tailing product.
3. Use the long tail of a teasing style comb to create a horizontal part from ear lobe to ear lobe to separate out fringe.4. Blow dry fringe hair into desired profile using fingers or a round brush.
5. Direct all the rest of the hair towards the back of the head.6. Rough dry hair with fingers until hair is 80% dry.
7. Finish drying hair with a 100% boar bristle styling brush (Mason Pearson Brush or similar).8. When hair is completely dry, create a center part on the remaining hair in the back.
9. Separate the back of the hair into two equal sections.10. Pull each individual section of hair into a high ponytail positioned at the top of the crown. Secure with a Blax or similar.
11. Lift the tail of each section. Twist the tail in a clockwise fashion until it the tail is twisting over on itself. Wrap into a mini bun. Secure with both bobby pins and open French style hair pins.
Optionally you may first braid the two separate sections of hair in a three strand braid.
After braiding coil into a tiny bun on top of the head at the crown. Secure with open French style hair pins. Use fingers or the tail of a teasing comb to gently tease out a few strands around the hairline for a sassy wispy finish.
If you prefer, you can create a line of mini twisted buns which extend from the hairline to the nape of the neck in a straight or asymmetrical line.
Summary - Abby's Twisted Mini Buns
Abby Sciuto played by the adorable Pauley Perrette rocks twisted mini buns better than any other.Her twisted mini buns are truly inspired, cool and incredibly chic.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.