Some naturally textured people may mistakenly believe curls can be a barrier to styling a gorgeous knot, chignon or updo. This blog will debunk those doubts by providing curly hair knot how to steps.
Whether your hair is naturally textured or you have straight strands you wish to wear in a curly hair knot, this blog provides the how to details.
A cluster of luscious curls softly secured into a knot positioned at the top of the head, the middle of the back or at the nape is the perfect hairstyle for any hair event from casual to dressy.
If you prefer, you can redirect all the curls - tight or loose - to one side for a off-center curly hair knot.
There are many ways to dress up or down a curly hair knot.
You can pull a few random ends out for a more casual look or you can combine with a beautiful array of hair accessories to add instant glam.
Step By Step Instructions For Curly Hair Knot How To
This hairstyle works best for naturally textured shoulder length hair or longer styled into curls, coils and waves. If your hair is naturally straight, curl it before creating this style using a 1 1/2 to 2" curling iron.
1. Start with second-day or your best hair day. Make sure you start with 100% dry hair.
Note: If you prefer you can wet or dry wash your hair before styling into a curly hair knot.
2. Part hair according to your preference.
The curly hair knot works well with a center, off-center, side or zigzag part. Use the end of a long tail comb to create your desired part.
You can optionally decide to leave some loose strands to float loosely around the hairline for a softer look.
3. Pull hair back into a high, mid-back or low ponytail.
4. Secure the base of the ponytail with a hair friendly elastic in the same color as your hair.
5. Separate a 1 to 2 inch section of hair from the ponytail.
Note: Thinner hair may require larger sections of hair while thicker hair may require smaller sections
6. Separate a one-inch section of hair from the ponytail. Twist the sectioned hair until it forms into a bun-like knot.
7. Pin the knot to secure. Leave the ends of the sectioned hair out of the knot.
Note: Be sure to pin the knot very securely. Pull the ends of the sectioned hair into the knot if you want a more finished look.
8. Gather another equal sized section of hair from the ponytail which is the same size as the previous section.
9. Work around the edges of the ponytail following the same process of twisting and pinning the sectioned hair as in the previous step.
10. The final twists will be formed using the hair from the center section of the ponytail.
11. Twist and secure the final pieces on top of the previously twisted knots to create a well-balanced three dimensional effect.
12. Gently adjust the twist with your fingers to achieve the perfect profile.
Summary - Curly Hair Knot How To
The beauty of this curly hair knot hairstyle is how flexible it is. There's no right or wrong finished look.
You can wear this hairstyle with super textured hair or only slightly textured hair.
You can wear all of the hair curled or you can wear the top less textured with the textured focused into the twisted bun section.Experiment and find your own hair comfort zone.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.