Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a light, loose updo which put an emphasis on the brightly patterned scarves worn at the Spring 2013 Dolce & Gabbana show.
The clothing, inspired by a girl in the Sicilian islands in the summertime, definitely warranted the beautiful, beachy hairstyle Guido created to match.
Dolce & Gabbana Program Notes
“Saluti da Taormina,” promised the Dolce & Gabbana program notes. “Mare. Sole. Amore.” (Greetings from Taormina. Sea. Sun. Love.)
Following hot on the heels of their triumphant debut into the alta moda, Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce continued to surf the Sicilian wave which inspired their amazing collection.
It was an ode to Dolce’s native island with a fast-paced and upbeat runway show that transported us “back to the holidays!” as Gabbana exulted backstage.
Redken's Creative Consultant
According to Guido, Redken's Creative Consultant “the updo today is not really a twist, not a knot, and it’s all about the scarf and working around the scarf. In my mind it’s how a Sicilian woman would just quickly pin her hair up and then tie on a scarf."
He also said "You can still see the hairline which is what keeps it from looking too severe, and there’s a little bit of height but its not too exaggerated.
It’s a very light, summery look, taking some inspiration from the sixties with a little Riviera feeling, but it’s not pastiched.”
How To Create the Look:
1. Wet wash pre-treated, detangled strands in lukewarm water with the cleansing formula best for your hair type, texture, length and/or condition.2. Rinse hair completely to remove cleansing formula.
3. Do a light accordion squeeze with your fingers around your head to remove excess water.4. Apply a rinse-out conditioner appropriate for your current hair conditioning needs. Apply the conditioner from the roots down to the ends focusing the product on the areas of your hair most in need.
5. Separate hair into 1-2" sections. Use fingers or a hair-friendly detangling comb to detangle hair from the ends to the roots. Work slowly and carefully since hair is most fragile when wet.
6. Rinse conditioner from hair.
7. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse.8. Towel blot hair.
9. Apply styling cocktail, including, but not limited to, a defrisant and/or leave-in conditioner.10. Apply Redken aerate 08 all-over bodifying cream-mousse from roots to ends to create some volume with a little texture when you blow-dry.11. Blow-dry straight back so that there’s no part.
12. Position the silk headscarf, folded about two inches thick, onto the head.13. Tie the scarf onto the head, leaving about an inch of hair from the hairline. Knot scarf on the bottom to the side.
14. Pin hair up into a “rough updo” that’s almost a twist or a knot and works with the hair length and type, and pin with open fasteners.Summary - Light Loose Scarf Updo
This gorgeous light loose scarf updo is not about the hair as much as it's all about the scarf and working around the scarf.
Created by Guido, Redken's Creative Consultant, the updo for the Spring 2013 Dolce & Gabbana show is not really a twist, not a knot, but a beautiful light, loose hair work of art.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.