There are many opinions about the advantages to conditioner only (CO) hair washing.
Hair consumers with long or super long hair, naturally textured (curly, wavy, coily, combo) or chemically damaged hair may reap the most benefits from adopting a CO hair washing regime.
When hair consumers discuss CO hair washing they may be referring to more than one popular technique.
1. Most rinse out, deep or leave-in conditioners can be used in a CO Washing regime. Select the CO product most compatible with your hair type, texture, condition and current needs.2. When hair is first prepped with water, most hair conditioners will be more gentle on the scalp than traditional full strength shampoo products.
3. Applied properly, hair conditioners will gently cleanse dirt and debris from the scalp and strands.4. CO fans have reported very positive results for the gentle removal of dandruff and other dry scalp conditions.
5. When utilizing a CO hair washing routine, hair only needs to be cleansed every few days rather than daily.
6. CO hair washing naturally amps up the hydration level of most types and textures of hair.7. Chemically treated and/or damaged tresses receive much needed Tender Loving Care (TLC).
8. When CO hair washing is combined with finger picking, traditional detangling damage is minimized.9. Amped up shine often results from CO hair washing when the final rinse is cool or cold water.
In addition, cleansing hair without shampoo may give straight hair back its natural fullness and body.
It may even encourage natural texture which is being surpressed by shampoo.
CO Hair Washing Tips
Scalp washing is easy to accomplish regardless of the length of the target hair.
Distribute conditioner of your choice (rinse-out, deep conditioner, leave-in) on your entire scalp.
Carefully massage your scalp with the pads of your fingers. Be careful to avoid using fingertips on the scalp since sharp nails may leave microscopic rips and tears.
Summary - Advantages To Conditioner Only (CO) Hair Washing
Conditioner only hair washing, known as CO, offers advantages to people with long or very long hair, naturally textured (curly, wavy, coily) or with serious damage.
There are many CO techniques, but all of them are accomplished without the use of traditional shampoo products known to contain harsh, drying sulfate ingredients.
Sulfates are believed to be extremely damaging for many types and textures of hair, especially hair which is very long, naturally textured or chemically treated.
Sulfates may include, but not be limited to ammonium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate and/or sodium lauryl sulfate.
Traditional shampoo products also may contain foaming agents which encourage the development of frizziness and excessive dryness. If you're interested in trying Conditioner Only hair washing, be sure to do your homework and start slowly to achieve the best results.Blog Dedication: This blog is dedicated to Buddy who always has my back and who always gives me his unconditional love.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.