Actress Nina Dobrev's long hair is thick, shiny and gorgeous. As Elena Gilbert/Katherine Pierce, the star of the CW's Vampire Diaries tends to primarily wear her luscious locks cascading down past her shoulders.
For her girl-next-door wannabe vampire character she leans towards wearing her long brunette hair in a classic, feminine look.
When she's off-camera, especially when she's rocking the Red Carpets, Nina wears her hair in a variety of hair styles including ponytails, braids, twists and updos.
Nina Dobrev's Long Hair - How To
If you would like to copy Nina's classic long hair look at home follow the steps below:
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with a formula designed for your hair type, texture, condition, length and chemical treatment history.
Note: If your hair is naturally dry, textured, damaged or chemically treated, consider cleansing with a no-poo, low-poo or diluted formula.
You may also wish to consider utilizing a Condition Only Wash (COW) which still cleanses the hair, but minimizes harsh cleaning. When in doubt it's always better to use less shampoo than more.
2. Rinse shampoo or related cleanser completely from hair.3. Apply a rinse-out conditioner compatible with your hair type, texture and condition from the top of the ears down to the ends. Working in small sections from the ends up to the roots, detangle hair with a hair-friendly wide tooth comb and/or fingers. Continue working around the head until all of the hair is detangled.
4. Rinse conditioner out of hair leaving a tiny bit to keep hair hydrated, unless you have fine/thin or naturally oily tresses.5. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close the cuticle and build in shine.
6. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.7. Apply a leave-in styling/conditioning cocktail appropriate for your hair type, texture, length and current condition. If your hair needs extra volume, include a root lift or volumizing formula. Your cocktail may include, but should not be limited to a leave-in conditioner, mouse or styling cream and/or defrisant.
8. Separate hair into individual 2" sections. Blow dry hair with a 100% boar bristle paddle style or round brush. Direct air flow down the strands from the roots to ends to add natural shine.
9. When hair is completely dry, use a flat iron to achieve perfectly straight strands or use a curling iron to add flirty texture throughout the perimeter. Separate hair into individual 2" strands and run the iron through the individual sections.
Note: For more defined texture re-roll each section of hair curled with the curling iron around fingers and pin into place to cool and set.
10. Finish with a shine serum, shine spray or hair spray to add shimmer.
Summary - Nina Dobrev's Long Hair
Nina Dobrev, the star of CW's The Vampire Diaries, has gorgeous long brunette hair. For her role on the popular TV series she tends to wear her long chocolate brown tresses in soft cascading panel of shiny strands.
The star, especially off-screen, utilizes her long tresses to their fullest advantage by wearing it in an array of stunning hairstyles from long, straight and sleek to pulled up into updos and chic ponytails.Nina can easily transform, courtesy of her long hair into a fairytale princess or a sassy vixen.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.