Mary Elle Fanning (born April 9, 1998), credited as Elle Fanning, is the younger, but much taller, sister of actress Dakota Fanning. She is known for her starring roles in Phoebe in Wonderland, Somewhere, Super 8 (June 2011) and We Bought a Zoo (December 23, 2011).
With her blonde on blonde hair color, which often cascades down past her shoulders in barely-there waves, and her stunning milky white skin, Elle could easily be a fairy princess. Not even 14, she has a stunning graceful physique and long beautiful neck.
Her hair, which is often styled with a slightly off-center part is worn either long and straight or with just a hint of texture throughout the perimeter. Her hair appears to be fine with lots of great silky shine.
Step By Step How To
Follow the steps below to recreate Elle's long straight hair with a hint of waves.
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with a formula designed to address your hair's type, texture and condition. If your hair is colored like Poppy's opt for a color care shampoo or consider utilizing an alternative cleansing formula since as a Diluted Shampoo (DS), a Conditioner Only Wash (CoWash), Water Only (WO) or a no poo style formulation.
2. Rinse shampoo from hair completely.
3. Apply a rinse-out conditioning formula to hair from top of ears down. Work through individual horizonal sections and detangle from ends up to the roots with a wide tooth comb or fingers. Once hair is completely detangled rinse hair completely.
4. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to seal in moisture and help protect color.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
6. Apply styling cocktail which may include a leave-in conditioner, volumizing mousse and/or defrisant to prevent frizz. For extra volume lift apply a volumizing spray such as PhytoVolumeActif to damp roots.
7. Separate hair into individual 2" sections. Blow dry hair with a round brush. Lift hair at the roots and direct heat up the hair shaft to build in lots of volume.
8. Once hair is completely dry prep with a heat protecting product from mid-shaft to ends.
9. Use a large barrel curling iron on individual 1 1/2" sections of hair. Pin newly formed curls against scalp to cool and set.
10. Once all of the curls are set, release from pins and use fingers to gently deconstruct and brush out loose waves. To amp up curls bend over at the waist and gently shake and pull the curls.
11. Finish with a shine enhancing finishing or styling spray.
Optionally you may prefer to use 1-2 drops of shine serum applied to the palms of your hands and massaged together and swiped over the top of the finished look.When hair is as fine as Elle's it will not hold a curl or wave as easily as hair with a natural bend. Be sure to use proper products to help the hair hold the newly created texture.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.