Ali Landry is famous for her sultry big hair which traditionally cascades from a center part down over her shoulders and down towards the middle of her back. Her shiny chocolate brunette tresses are highlighted and low lighted with complementary hues to create dimension and movement.
Her long luscious hair which is said to be 100% her own can be copied either with similar below-the-shoulders thick tresses or with a little help from back combing, amped up curls and waves or clip-in extensions.
Steps How To Re-create Ali Landry's Sultry Big Hair
Follow the steps below:
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water utilizing products for your hair type, texture, length and condition. Utilize your preferred cleansing method ranging from full shampoo to Diluted Shampoo (DS), Low Poo, Conditioner Only (CO), Water Only (WO) or a combination.2. Rinse well, apply rinse out conditioner from top of ears down to the ends. Detangle in individual sections using your fingers or a wide tooth comb.
3. After detangling the entire head of hair, rinse well and then finish with a cool or cold water rinse.4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
5. Apply styling cocktail including but not limited to a leave-in conditioner, defrisant cream, mousse and curl or wave enhancing cream or spray. Finger comb to blend the styling cocktail into the hair.6. To enhance natural texture plop hair for desired amount of time.
7. Separate hair into 4-6 individual sections. Use a long finger diffuser to dry each individual section. Allow hair to nestle into the diffuser cup.8. After each section is dry twist the section to add more texture and then roll into an invisible roller and pin to the scalp. Repeat these steps until all of the hair has been diffused dry and pinned.
9. Once hair is completely cool and set unpin all the sections. Use fingers to create a strong, slightly imperfect center part for a natural and tousled look. If you prefer you can use the long tail of a comb.10. Use fingers to arrange hair by finger combing and arranging hair.
11. For additional texture separate hair into 2" sections and roll around the outside of a curling iron without using the clip.
Note: Go through the hair with different curling iron sizes to achieve interesting and varied volume. Use smaller rod for selected sections above the rounds of the head. A jumbo iron is used for the sections below the rounds of the head.12. To add lots of volume separate section of hair adjacent to the crown. Back comb the strands to achieve desired fullness. Smooth back with fingers. Or leave part of the hair backcombed and add clip-in hair extensions. Anchor the clip-ins to the backcombed section as a base of support. Place the weft along the backcombed area. Smooth top area of hair over the newly added wefts.
13. Once hair is completely styled to your desired volume and movement, spray hair with light holding hair spray.14. Apply 1-2 drops of shine serum to the palms of your hands and massage together. Lightly swipe the serum side of your hands over the top of your finished style.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.