This simple and elegant big bun hairstyle works best for tresses which are chin length or longer and medium to thick. Lauren's hair currently cascaded several inches below her shoulder and is naturally wavy.
One of the biggest challenges of this gorgeous big bun hairstyle which Lauren is show casing is to prevent humidity and frizz. This can easily be accomplished with the proper styling cocktail including a defrisant and a finishing shine spray or serum.
1. Wash by washing hair in lukewarm water with the best products for your hair type, texture, length and condition. Utilize the best cleansing process for your strands such as Conditioner Only Wash (CO-Wash), Diluted Shampoo (DS), Water Only (WO) or a range of shampoo formulations including LoPoo and NoPoo.
If you have chemically treated or colored hair be sure to use a product designed to extend the color or add needed moisture like Phytobrush. If you wish to enhance your natural texture consider using a texture enhancing product mix like PhytoCurl which helps define curls.
3. After detangling rinse well. Finish with a cool or cold water final rinse to seal in moisture, add shine.
4. Carefully squeeze out any excess water with your fingers. Do not rub wet strands. Use a combination of techniques from squeezing out the excess water and then blotting strands with a towel.
5. Towel blot with a thick towel to remove excess moisture. Avoid towels without rough fibers and loops. It's best to wait until hair is no longer dripping before applying styling products.
6. Apply cocktail of designed styling products including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, a defrisant, styling cream and/or mousse to the middle and ends. Use styling products which work best for your hair type, texture and styling needs. Don't be afraid to layer products to get the most appropriate results.
Note: Avoid applying product near the roots which may weigh them down except in the case of adding volume sprays like Phytovolume Actif or similar. You may wish to mix a defrisant products along with your styling product to add texture and block frizz at the same time. It is possible to mix Phytodefrisant with your favorite mousse, glaze or paste.
7. Separate hair into 6-8 equal sized sections. The ideal sectioning would include two sections on either side and 4 in the back.
9. When hair is completely dry separate into 6-8 individual sections.
10. Create beautiful body by misting each section with a volumizing formula. Roll the hair on hot rollers.
11. Roll each section onto hot rollers. Allow roller to completely cool before removing.
12. Separate out the front side-swept fringe from the rest of your hair. Pull the remaining hair back into a high ponytail. Secure with a hair friendly elastic.
13. Pin a hair pad or similar hair donut underneath the pony base to add instant form.
14. Smooth pony tail over the hair pad, tuck the ends under and pin securely into place with bobby pins the same color as your hair. For more fullness lightly backcomb the pony before smoothing over the hair pad.
If you prefer you can wrap the long pony hair around a hair pad in a circular manner rather than smoothing over a hair pad.
15. Finish by using a shine serum like Phyto's PhyoLisse or Rene Furterer's Spray Gloss.
Apply the shine serum or spray of choice to the palms of your hands. Rub the product into the palms and then lightly glide over the top of the teased style to add instant shimmer and shine and remove any roughness.
16. Spray well with hairspray like Phytolaque or Phytolaque Soie made with real silk that adds a soft sheen to the final look and will also help soften the overall finish.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.